LighthouseKeepers.com

Trusting ALL your film to one processor at one time?

Posted By: Webmaster

Trusting ALL your film to one processor at one time? - 07/16/02 12:37 AM

I've seen a couple of comments now about people sending in 12-15 rolls of film at once to the same processor.

Isn't there some sense to maybe send in 4-5 rolls at a time just in case the chemicals go bad that day or the machine eats sproket holes?

Anyone do this?
Posted By: Gary Martin

Re: Trusting ALL your film to one processor at one time? - 07/16/02 12:43 AM

John,
I use a professional photographic lab here in Kalamazoo and think nothing of dropping off 15-20 rolls of slide film for processing. I've been doing that for 6 years here and have never had a problem. The one thing I would mention is that if you take your film in to a 1 hr processing operation (for print film), I would recommend against taking your film in right after they open for the day. If they turn off their equipment at night or over the weekend, it takes time for the chemicals to come to thermal equilibrium, and if the tech is in a hurry to get things started, your film could be under developed as a result.

Gary
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Trusting ALL your film to one processor at one time? - 07/16/02 04:14 AM

It has happened to me, After returning from the San Diego reunion I took in 18 rolls at once to be sent out to Kodak for processing I went back a few days later to pick them up and none were back, couple days later still none, the store put out tracers to all other stores looking to see if they were sent back to another store by accident, but no luck. I had pretty much given up on ever getting them back but after about 6 weeks the store called and said they turned up, nothing was missing or damaged fortunately. By them I was just happy to get them back, on the positive side the processing was all free in return for my inconvenience. So now I do take them in a few at a time if I have a large number of rolls.
[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 07-15-2002).]
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Trusting ALL your film to one processor at one time? - 07/16/02 04:17 AM

I also use a professional place to get my film developed. I have dropped off probably close to 100 rolls and have never had a problem. So, I am not really afraid of getting big quantitites of film developed.

As for the 24 hr places Gary mentioned, I don't use them any more. I've had too many bad experiences with them.
© 2024 Collector Forums