LighthouseKeepers.com

St. Marks Lighthouse and National Wildlife Refuge, Florida

Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

St. Marks Lighthouse and National Wildlife Refuge, Florida - 03/28/06 04:32 PM

I know some of you were wondering about my Florida from a couple weeks back. I got some great shots of Pensacola, St. Marks, Crooked River, and a few workable ones from Cape San Blas. I got totally lost trying to find Cape San Blas and by the time I got there, it was after sunset and the mosquitoes were biting so bad, I only got a few workable images. St. Joseph I never even got a chance to see. I might be back down there in November to take my aunt back though, so perhaps I can get in and reshoot those I missed. Cape San Blas has a GORGEOUS clamshell lens!!

Here is a shot of St. Marks. I went wading for a few, and this was one!

No trip would be complete to the NWR without seeing a gator!

And this aningha I think was on a mating call. He was perched with his wings outstretched and craning his neck every direction with a low, throaty sound.

I will try to get a couple more shots of St. Marks and Pensacola posted later today.
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: St. Marks Lighthouse and National Wildlife Refuge, Florida - 03/28/06 09:45 PM

Nice shots Jen. It looks like the gator has a muzzle on or maybe thats her pocket book she's carrying around her jaws. laugh

smile cool
Posted By: HCS

Re: St. Marks Lighthouse and National Wildlife Refuge, Florida - 03/28/06 10:56 PM

Yes Jen, nice shots.
Thanks for sharing.
HCS
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: St. Marks Lighthouse and National Wildlife Refuge, Florida - 03/29/06 12:30 AM

The lens in San Blas is beautiful. I got to see it from inside the lantern room.
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: St. Marks Lighthouse and National Wildlife Refuge, Florida - 03/29/06 01:16 AM

jenifer, very nice photos of St. Marks.

Eric, that weekend in Port St. Joe was a blast. Not only did we get to climb Cape San Blas and Crooked River, BJ got some of us a tour of the inside of St. Joseph. :p

For those who have never gotten a closeup of the Cape San Blas camshell lens.

Posted By: beachcomber

Re: St. Marks Lighthouse and National Wildlife Refuge, Florida - 03/29/06 02:15 AM

Jen, as usual, those are incredibly beautiful pictures. St. Mark's is one of my favorite lights; I'm glad you were able to get there.

Eric, that's a terric shot of the clamshell lens.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: St. Marks Lighthouse and National Wildlife Refuge, Florida - 03/29/06 02:43 AM

Jen - great shots. Just great. That last bird one is especially incredible. I've trying out bird photography since...well, today. All I got was a photo with a speck of a red-bellied woodpecker (posted to my Yahoo! photos accessible via the link in my sig line).

I like the way that the silt in the bottom of the waters in the LH photo makes such a pattern in the glassy water. BTW, is that snow on the bank? eek
© 2024 Collector Forums