LighthouseKeepers.com

Point Arena Ca.

Posted By: Bud Schrader

Point Arena Ca. - 09/10/03 05:11 AM

We stayed two nights at Pt. Arena. We arrived just in time to catch the sunset on a nice evening, but the fog stayed with us the rest of the time.

The stairs and lens

Some day the sea may take this light- this view from the top shows how little land remains- I think they have lost about 30 acres the last hundred years----

Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/10/03 05:49 AM

Nice pictures Bud. Tell us about your stay there. How long have you had reservations? What are the accomodations like?
Posted By: buster

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/10/03 06:33 AM

Nice pictures smile
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/10/03 04:52 PM

Great pictures. Those California sunsets are beautiful!

Bert smile
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/10/03 05:06 PM

Thanks for sharing your pics, Bud. It sure looks like a beautiful spot.

smile Bob smile

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/11/03 04:40 AM

Thanks, all- there are three 1400 Sq. foot houses on the compound, three br with direct TV, fireplace with wood. Overall, pretty nice. Check out the Pt. Arena website. A little pricey to be sure. We had our reservations about three months in advance but swapped nights three weeks before our trip. The town is small ( 440 )Overall the stay was a neat experience, it's the clearest night sky I remember seeing since I was a child! Also it's quite a drive to get there from the city, but a beautiful one!
Posted By: Roxie

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/11/03 01:33 PM

Nice pics and lovely sunset! smile
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/12/03 04:10 AM

Bud,

Great photos. The sunset picture is very cool. I didn't have the chance to see this lighthouse during my visit. Maybe next time...

Thanks for sharing!

Tammy
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/17/03 03:02 AM

Hi Bud, great shots! I was there in March and have never stayed on the grounds. Did you know that is where the end of the movie "forever Young" with Mel Gibson was filmed? smile

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/17/03 04:47 AM

Hi Jen, they play up the "Forever Young" connection with pictures and info in the museum. They are supposed to have the video in the rentals, but we couldn't find one!
Posted By: Bill Taylor

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/17/03 02:32 PM

I'm glad you made it to Pt. Arena, Bud. I was there last week-end, and finally got my sunset and sunrise that I wanted. They had a moonlight tour Saturday night, so the light was lit, and the curtain removed. That was a big plus.

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/18/03 04:33 AM

Thanks, Bill- If I had it to do over again I would schedule our trip around the full moon, it was impossible this time around, but something I'll be more alert to in the future! I'm looking forward to seeing your shots.

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/18/03 05:32 AM

Did you get a sunrise or morning shot over by the Gasebo? It was beautiful the morning I was there, just a slight bit of fog moving in. Evening shots are difficult because of the sun angle, but can work well after it goes down to the horizon. I'm very happy with both my sunrise/sunset..

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/18/03 05:52 AM

Sunset at Point Arena..

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/19/03 05:08 AM

Great shot, Bill! We arrived just in time to get the sunset I posted, but as soon as the sun went below the horizon, all color was gone. I awoke next morning eager to get a sunrise, but the fog rolled in and there were no more good photo ops after that. I was really disappointed, but we did enjoy the stay there.
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/19/03 05:30 AM

Bill,

That is a beautiful picture!

Tammy

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/24/03 01:44 AM

[img]http://www.shuttercity.com/public/bt1947/arena4b%2Ejpg[/img] Point Arena the next morning..
Posted By: Gary Martin

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/24/03 03:21 AM

Great shots of Pt Arena Bud and Bill... I'm jealous, especially of the sunset shots! Every time I've ever been there at sunset it has either been foggy or blah.... frown Oh well, guess that gives me an excuse to keep goin' back!

Gary

Re: Point Arena Ca. - 09/24/03 03:50 AM

Thanks Gary- looks like Bill had a great morning to shoot! Nice one, Bill!!
© 2024 Collector Forums