LighthouseKeepers.com

Chicago Sunrise

Posted By: Anonymous

Chicago Sunrise - 11/03/02 07:43 AM

Here's a couple shots few a few Fridays back, The weather was perfect, sun wasn't quite lined up the way I would have wanted it but I'll take anyway.

Posted By: Gary Martin

Re: Chicago Sunrise - 11/03/02 02:19 PM

Nice Mark, I particularly like the first one without the lens flare. I might crop a little from the bottom, but it's a very good shot!

Gary
Posted By: mombo

Re: Chicago Sunrise - 11/03/02 04:21 PM

Nice Mark! Just where did you take these from?

Re: Chicago Sunrise - 11/03/02 06:06 PM

Sue, The pictures were taken from the west end all the way out by the street, It is the drop off and bus and cab area. The wall cuts back to the south so there's nothing that can be in you way. I'll have to see what the sun angle was that day and try to figure out what time of year it will rise closer to the lighthouse.
Posted By: Gary Martin

Re: Chicago Sunrise - 11/03/02 06:43 PM

Speaking of the angle of the sun when it rises, Mark, it would be neat to catch it coming up between the lighthouse and the marker to the right in the second shot you posted. There's a great 300 mm shot like that to be had at St Joe's around Labor Day weekend and again in the sprint although I'll have to figure out when the spring dates are if anyone is interested.

Gary

Re: Chicago Sunrise - 11/11/02 06:53 AM

Here's another from that same morning, only a minute after the first picture I posted, the sail boat is directly in front of the sun in the first picture.

© 2024 Collector Forums