LighthouseKeepers.com

Apostle Islands

Posted By: Lorie Roe

Apostle Islands - 08/09/04 05:30 PM

On Thursday, John and I finished our last land tour in Marquette with Suzanne's group. We headed back west so that we could take a boat tour of the Apostle Islands on Friday morning. We spent the night in Ashland at the AmericInn right on the water front of Lake Superior. We had a perfect view of the Ashland lighthouse from our room patio.

This is the first lighthouse we saw up-close in the Apostle Islands. It is the Devil's Island light.

We also saw Sand Island and Outer Island lights from a distance but not close enough for a good picture. This is a picture of the Raspberry Island lighthouse which is also a new HL release.

Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Apostle Islands - 08/09/04 08:30 PM

Great shots, Lorie! I was out there last September and it looks like your boat got closer than mine did. We were in 6-8 foot swells and I couldn't get any decent closeups.
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Apostle Islands - 08/10/04 12:16 AM

Hi Lorie,

So, you must have decided on the grand tour instead of the shuttle to Raspberry? Did you get to sit on the top deck? It looks like the weather cooperated. smile (It's only supposed to be in the 60's in St. Paul the next few days. So, it could be colder up there.)

I'm still wondering why the Apostle Islands Cruise service stopped doing the shuttle that allows you to get off at Sand Island. It looks like they're offering this during the lighthouse celebration.

Tammy
Posted By: Twiggy

Re: Apostle Islands - 08/10/04 02:07 AM

Hey Lorie
Looks like you and John really made a nice trip for yourselfs. smile Great Pic's and again the weather looks perfect. cool
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Apostle Islands - 08/10/04 03:06 AM

Tammy we were trying to change to the Inner Island shuttle to see Sand Island and stop at Raspberry. We were told there was not enough people requesting the Inner Island shuttle around Sand Island so it wasn't going there Friday morning.

We stayed on the morning Grand Tour and made sure we had seats on the upper deck. I wouldn't have known about requesting seats on top if you hadn't told me about that. Thanks for the tip. The weather was still great and it was the only way to take any good pictures from the upper deck.
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Apostle Islands - 08/11/04 10:46 PM

Lorie, thank you for sharing your nice images of the tour after the tour. Someday I hope to get to those lights as well but next time I hope to have MJ with me.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
© 2024 Collector Forums