LighthouseKeepers.com

Collection of Flower Images

Posted By: beachbum1616

Collection of Flower Images - 04/04/07 02:02 AM

I was out with Christina yesterday at her mothers house after being updated on the flowers that she currently blooming. Her mom loves flowers (and birds) so from early spring to late fall there is always a plethera of plants blooming.

Last year I took some shots of her orange tulips which can out very well IMHO (they are on my site) and I wanted another crack at them this year. I haven't finished going through all the photos yet, but here are two that stood out to me so far.

I layed on the ground to get this one, took it upside down, then cropped it down to remove the bit of tree tops along the edges.

This one was straight up underneath a limb of a dogwood tree.

I will post more later if that pleases the court.

Enjoy!
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/04/07 02:32 AM

Stephen,

More flower pictures would sure please me. By the way, your upside down shots are very unique. Sort of a Jack-in-Bean-Stalk type thing?

bobo

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/04/07 01:43 PM

Two more of the tulips. I reallyed enjoy shooting the tulips.

Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/04/07 02:17 PM

Great photos!!!

I like the down looking up angle. Kind of an ants view of flowers. cool
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/04/07 02:29 PM

Very nice. Love flowers.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/04/07 03:41 PM

Beautiful! Enjoy the tulips! smile
Have you taken pics of a tulip in the process of opening? Inside of a tulip?
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/04/07 03:42 PM

Love the flowers! Great idea! Look forward to more!!!!
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/04/07 07:42 PM

I just love the dogwood photo. Ahhhh! Spring time in VA, brings back many fond memories of my childhood.

Have the azaleas begun their blooming yet?
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/04/07 08:16 PM

I like them all, but particularly the dogwood. Thanks Stephen. Your images are beautiful.

Melody, we've got azaleas, dogwood, tulips, forsythia, and allergies blooming here in VA. wink

Judy
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/14/07 05:07 AM

Stephen,

Did Christina send a dogwood photo to Birds & Blooms Extra? There is a photo in the Reader's scrapbook that caught my attention... I don't know her last name but I know you live in NC.

If you subscribe to the magazine, check out the readers's scrapbook in the Birds & Blooms Extra issue in March and Birds & Blooms April issue...

Tammy Wolfe
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/14/07 04:01 PM

Keep on posting them Stephen. Beautiful shots. smile

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/25/07 02:18 PM

Yes, Tammy, that is her photo. Is there another one in the March issue as well? That photo was the one that inspired the dogwood shot I posted above.
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/26/07 12:48 AM

I had a photo in that issue. I'll send you a private message regarding submitting photos to Birds & Blooms.

Congratulations to Christina. I don't know if she's been published before, but it's always exciting to see your photo in a magazine.

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/26/07 02:30 PM

It is the second time having here photos published. The first was some of her Roanoke River shots. I think there is a link to it from the "Publishings & Awards" page.

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/27/07 04:31 PM

My tulips are just starting to bloom and thought I'd try a few shots with my new digital camera.

Inside of tulip.

My yellow tulips.

My lovely irises.

For all the bird lovers...a pair of sparrows that are nesting in a birdhouse that my 5 year old grandson made for me.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/27/07 06:31 PM

Ah, Spring!

I notice you've imprinted the date on the digital images. Since your camera keeps track of the dates pictures were taken, you can probably turn off that function that prints the date on each image.

What new camera did you get?

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/27/07 06:50 PM

Sorry John, I forgot to turn the date imprint off! I had it turned on to take pictures of the grandsons during wrestling season.
My husband bought me a Kodak EasyShare Z612 for Christmas. It is 6.1 MP with 12X zoom. He knew that I had been thinking about trying a digital.
He thought it might be simple and easy for me to learn with and try in case I didn't like digital.
I have been using a regular 35mm for ages. So this is an adjustment.
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Collection of Flower Images - 04/27/07 06:58 PM

Debbie, Great photo's!!!

applaud
© 2024 Collector Forums