Can you say 14 megapixels? - 09/26/02 02:03 PM

Unbelievable!
http://photos.msn.com/editorial/Editoria...ion=DEPARTMENTS
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Can you say 14 megapixels? - 09/26/02 03:06 PM

WOW! Only $4,995. Not Bad!
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Can you say 14 megapixels? - 09/27/02 12:13 AM

$4995 is LIST, you can really have it for only $4000!!!

Posted By: Gary Martin

Re: Can you say 14 megapixels? - 09/27/02 07:15 AM

Considering that my Nikon 500 mm f4 lens cost more than that, the price on this new generation of digital imaging technology really isn't bad. But then again, I have a very serious photographic addition that has no doubt clouded my sanity when it comes to things photographic! Although there have been tremendous advances in digital image technology, it'll still be a long time before I hang up my Nikon F5's in favor of an all digital approach to photography. Despite the resolution, there are still things that you can't do with a digital when it comes to low light and reciprocity failure that I'm unfortunately seriously addicted to having as tools that I can play with in my photography. That said, that doesn't mean I won't consider buying Nikon's new generation digital toy... hmmmmmm.........

Gary
Posted By: Lighthouse Joe

Re: Can you say 14 megapixels? - 09/27/02 01:44 PM

There will be something coming out next year for those of you who do not wish to shead their film addictions completely. Its called Silicon Film . Just place the reader cartridge where your film goes and screw in the base unit (like a power rewinder), turn it on and presto. Your SLR just became a DSLR.

I have been speaking with the Pres./CEO of the company. They bought the rights and equipment from the previous outfit that ran out of funding to bring it to market. They have improved it quite a bit. It was 1.3Mpxls. Now they will be offering a 4Mpxl, 10Mpxl, and (maybe) a special B&W version. The 4Mpxl version is sopposed to be priced at $600.

I have no connection with the company. I just found it on the internet, curiousity took over, and made a phone call.

For $600, I would pull my N70 out of the closet... or maybe my old Minolta SRT-202. An old manual gone digital! Yeah!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Can you say 14 megapixels? - 09/28/02 12:55 AM

That's quite an interesting concept (The Silicon film dealie) looking at the pdf file I don't see a wire going from the internal part to the external part, maybe it's a wireless transfer or maybe you would have to change the back of the camera like a data back. Even if this company doesn't get it right the first time I would think that other camera companies are developing similar devices.
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Can you say 14 megapixels? - 09/28/02 02:22 AM

Gary, speaking of the cost of the lens you mentioned eek , that $4,000 tag doesn`t even include a lens on that price quoted eek .
Posted By: 1of3trees@prodigy.net

Re: Can you say 14 megapixels? - 11/17/02 03:50 AM

I'll stick with my Canon SLR's, thank you!
© 2024 Collector Forums