LighthouseKeepers.com

A picture

Posted By: Bob M

A picture - 09/27/04 10:51 AM

Posted By: Grover

Re: A picture - 09/27/04 01:08 PM

Bob,

What a great shot ... and from the toughest angle as well ...

Just for perspective, here's two shots from the other two sides taken end of August ...

Please note the lack of a railing along rather steep steps stopped me cold from getting "back to back" with this light ...

Certainly a unique light on anyone's list.

Grover
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: A picture - 09/27/04 07:40 PM

Great pictures guys! Ah the ability to get pictures from the water. Bob, I must agree that some of the nicest pictures are taken from the water side. That doesn't apply in all cases, but in the case of Castle Hill, it is a definite asset. Thanks for sharing.

Bert smile
Posted By: seagirt

Re: A picture - 09/27/04 08:50 PM

Great shots, Bob and Barry! I'll add my Castle Hill to the mix...this was taken on my August '03 CT/RI/MA trip at 7:30 or so.

Posted By: Grover

Re: A picture - 09/28/04 12:43 PM

Greg,

Nice lighted shot ... I would think, with the diminishing light of the approaching evening and the thickness of the underbrush between the path and the rocks, it was a challenge to get to that spot for that picture.

One of my warmer lighthouse moments was standing at Beavertail at dusk on an early fall evening and looking back up the bay and seeing Castle Hill Light working ...

There was a serenity to that setting that has stayed with me ...

Thanks for the posting.

Grover
Posted By: eskilady

Re: A picture - 09/28/04 03:40 PM

Bob M -

I thought that you said that you were "photographically challenged" but that picture looks pretty nice to me!! It is a beautiful picture - thanks for sharing it! laugh

Eskilady
Posted By: Bob M

Re: A picture - 09/28/04 03:48 PM

Wrong "Bob", Eskilady.

Photography is one of my favorite hobbies. I manage to get a few good pics every now and then.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: A picture - 09/28/04 04:52 PM

Eskilady,

Quote:
I thought that you said that you were "photographically challenged"
Bob M is correct. I was me. But I love your peotic terminology.

Bob
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: A picture - 09/29/04 12:22 AM

What a nice group of photos of Castle Hill. smile Thanks to all 3 of you for posting them.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: A picture - 09/29/04 02:49 AM

All the nice weather pictures. Since we are on a Castle Hill kick, how about one from last September, on our way to the LI Regional (via the Maryland Challenge and Maine Moose Hunting). This was when the nasty weather from the hurricane was just starting to show up in the area.

Posted By: eskilady

Re: A picture - 09/29/04 04:55 AM

Ooops, sorry to both Bobs! I did get my Bobs mixed up - senior moment, you know. confused But it is still a beautiful picture of a light that I have not seen. Thanks!

Eskilady
© 2024 Collector Forums