LighthouseKeepers.com

Seul Choix Light(painting)

Posted By: 5lights

Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/21/06 12:38 AM

Here is a painting that I did for my daughter last Christmas. My first attempt in over 30 years. cropped closeup:
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/21/06 03:25 AM

You did a very nice job on te painting, Debbie, especially if you took 30 years off from painting!
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/21/06 04:10 AM

Verrry nice, Debbie! We have so many talented members - I am envious! wink

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/21/06 03:30 PM

Thank you both for your compliments! smile I know that I should have included the lens room-but it started out as just a sketch. By the time that I realized the lens room wasn't going to fit...I had too much time and effort invested in the keeper's house to start over. Also not enough time to get it finished by Christmas. My daughter loved it anyway...it's her favorite lighthouse. I agree there are many talented people on the forums!!!!!

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/21/06 04:23 PM

Gee, Debbie, just make another smaller canvas painting of the lantern room and tell your daughter to just hang it above the original painting. Who knows, maybe you'll start a new trend of two part paintings...

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/21/06 05:02 PM

Gee Dave...never thought of that! It just might catch on.
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/21/06 08:09 PM

Only Dave would have thought about the two-part painting to include the lens room.

Acutally, if the original were hung too high, you could always put part 2 underneath -- and call it the "fruit cellar". laugh

bobo

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/21/06 11:09 PM

Bob...THAT'S too funny! I love it- "fruit" cellar... I'm wondering...if you hung the lens room too high...would that make it a sky light? confused

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/22/06 02:15 AM

Man, do we have some clowns here - no one can accuse any of us of not having a sense of humor.

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/22/06 03:03 AM

Clowns? Sense of humor? Grace, Bob and I were most certainly serious .......

Re: Seul Choix Light(painting) - 08/22/06 04:12 AM

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I can see that October is going to be a real riot! :rolleyes:
© 2024 Collector Forums