LighthouseKeepers.com

Garden-Photo-Safari

Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/15/07 09:01 PM

Ever so often I go on "photo-safari" in our garden. This time I cought less wildlife than usual, but I did get some lovely flowers....

The lilies are beautiful and bright. Needed here ... something needs to cheer us up in this wet wet wet summer ....

The only wildlife I got was this busy creature. It is all yellow on the back from all the pollen.

And isn't this rose bud near perfect? It is Golden Showers, a very nicely fragranced climbing rose.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/16/07 01:13 AM

Beautiful English Garden, Margret. How about some 'wide views' of the entire backyard?

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/16/07 08:13 AM

Well, I shall try and do that, next time the rain stops wink
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/16/07 06:46 PM

I agree with John. Wide view would be nice.
Lovely lilies, Margret!
Would also like to see more photos of the gorgeous roses that I know you have!!! wink
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/16/07 07:43 PM

Beautiful flowers Margret.
We could sure use some of your rain here in Florida.

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/16/07 08:32 PM

A wide view of our Garden is a bit difficult, because of the way it is planted up. But Stan had a go today at taking some pictures to give you an impression.

This first one is looking from the house through the rose arch down the garden:

On the left is our garage, nicely covered with climbing plants.

Artistic impressions from the patio, through the big Acea down the garden

Now Stan walked through the rose arch ... you can see a bit further down the garden.

From the bottom of the garden back towards the house.

And before anyone asks ... the flag is the flag of Cornwall. Because Stan is Cornish and we love the place!!!!!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/16/07 08:37 PM

Margret, Beautiful garden !!!

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing them.

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/16/07 08:49 PM

Oh and Debbie a few rose pictures taken earlier in the year ... at moment there are not many roses in bloom, but that will soon change and I'll post some more.

Above and below, an old old rose on the rose arch in the bottom of the garden. Not sure of the name of the rose.

This one is another very old rose who's name I don't know. This is Stan's favourite.

And my favourite. A Rose called Gracious Queen, it was bred for the Queens Golden Jubilee and is very slightly scented.

Shame I can't post the scent.
Posted By: HCS

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/16/07 08:59 PM

Margret,
Love the photos, especially the roses. Makes me homesick for my dad's English garden full of roses. Hope to see yours one day on one of my visits home.
HCS

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/16/07 11:23 PM

Thanks Hilary! Come and see them any time! And anyone else who fancies a good English cuppa and some roses is welcome too! I might even bake a cake wink

Sorry y'all, if the pictures are not showing. They are stored on our webspace and the hosting service seems to have a few problems. Hope they will resolve that soonest!
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/17/07 10:32 AM

My wife would love that rose arch.

Cake? Another reason to go to overseas, unfortuately, that will not be for some time.

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/17/07 03:16 PM

Beautiful garden! Thank you for the rose pictures... they are simply gorgeous! I can see why that one is Stan's favorite...great color. I like yours also and it is a shame that you can't post the scent. Nothing like the smell of roses.
It has been pretty dry here and my roses have been very slow in blooming. Usually they bloom often and have several at a time. Now I'm lucky to get one bloom at a time, even though I do water them. But there is no substitute for a slow, soaking rain.
Look forward to more!
What kind of cake? laugh

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/17/07 03:36 PM

Well at the moment it is way too wet here. We are having to pump water from our garden. eek and it is still ancle deep :rolleyes: ... Keep your fingers crossed that it is not going to get any wetter ... the drains can't cope now ...

Quote:
What kind of cake?
Well ... I do a mean marble cake, but I can make some German special ones like the bee sting cake and of course I can make the English fruit cakes. What kind would you like?
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/17/07 03:41 PM

Wow! Thanks. A beautiful garden and great photos!

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/17/07 05:49 PM

I like marble, but the bee sting cake sounds interesting!
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/18/07 04:22 AM

We could use a little of that rain here too.

I love your garden and thank you for sharing the wonderful photos.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/18/07 03:59 PM

Beautiful, Margret and Stan!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/18/07 11:01 PM

Margret, love your pictures and especially the roses...they are so vibrant I can smell them from here. smile
Posted By: Kat

Re: Garden-Photo-Safari - 07/25/07 10:15 PM

Stunning roses Margret, thanks for posting the pictures!
© 2024 Collector Forums