LighthouseKeepers.com

CC Bus trip to Maine, Day 6, Pt 2

Posted By: rgurskey

CC Bus trip to Maine, Day 6, Pt 2 - 09/14/06 06:48 PM

Then we head east into the Atlantic to visit Boon Island lighthouse.

Then we headed south to the Isle of Shoals and the White Island lighthouse. This is a New Hampshire lighthouse.

After the cruise, we had the opportunity to climb Portsmouth Harbor lighthouse.

View of the keeper's quarters from the top of the lighthouse. We were not permitted on the catwalk which is why you can see some reflections on the glass panes.

View down the stairs at Portsmouth Harbor lighthouse.

Day 7 was the drive back to New Jersey and BWI airport in Maryland. When we passed through New Haven, CT, I saw Five Mile Point lighthouse. Because of traffic problems our bus driver drove through the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens to the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. From there I was able to see the Statue of Liberty, Robbins Reef lighthouse and Fort Wadsworth lighthouse. As we crossed the Delaware Memorial bridge, I was able to see Bellevue Rear Range lighthouse in the Christina River. All of these lighthouses I have see on previous trips.
Posted By: 5lights

Re: CC Bus trip to Maine, Day 6, Pt 2 - 09/14/06 07:01 PM

Another great selection of photos! Nice job!! smile
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: CC Bus trip to Maine, Day 6, Pt 2 - 09/15/06 12:04 AM

Great pictures. Love that one of the Portsmouth stairs. wink

smile cool
Posted By: Dave H

Re: CC Bus trip to Maine, Day 6, Pt 2 - 09/15/06 12:54 AM

Robert, glad you all finally got some sun shine. I'm sure by then you had begun to wonder if the sun had gone out of business!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Boon Island ain't much of an island! Don't think anyone went for a very long walk while stationed there.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: CC Bus trip to Maine, Day 6, Pt 2 - 09/15/06 04:24 AM

Yeah, it's nice that you finally had a break! Great pictures - thanks for sharing with us! smile
© 2024 Collector Forums