LighthouseKeepers.com

Along the GA coast Day 2

Posted By: Lorie Roe

Along the GA coast Day 2 - 01/21/05 08:01 PM

We spent the night in Savannah. There is lots of history and fun things to see and do there. We ate dinner at the Pirates House. This is a great place for dinner. Anyway...I was ready to start the day and head out to Tybee Island and to catch Cockspur light along the way.

There is a dirt road turnoff right after you go over the bridge to Tybee. This turned out to be the best area to get closest to take a picture of Cockspur out in the water.

Tybee is the second lighthouse we climbed for this trip.

Tybee has done a nice job of preserving the original keepers house and out buildings for touring.

Here is a shot of the Tybee lens. Another one with John leaning back over the rail. It helps to be tall.

Posted By: wheland

Re: Along the GA coast Day 2 - 01/21/05 08:10 PM

The pictures are great again. We got here several years ago on a trip to Savannah and Charleston.

Did you stop at Ft Pulaski? You can get some nice shots of Cocspur from the top of the Fort.

It's built on the same plans as Fort Point in San Francisco under the Golden Gate where Ft Point Lighthouse is.

Dennis

Re: Along the GA coast Day 2 - 01/21/05 08:31 PM

Dennis...we did stop at Fort Pulaski after we climbed Tybee. It is a huge fort. I did take a couple of pictures of Cockspur from the fort but they just are at a greater distance to see from there.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Along the GA coast Day 2 - 01/22/05 12:02 AM

Lorie,

You're right the photos are from a further distance but it gives a different perspective.

I rode down that road you used also. It was mentioned on the Forums before we wnet.

Dennis
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Along the GA coast Day 2 - 01/22/05 03:36 AM

Great pictures again Lorrie. What camera are you using.

Bert smile

Re: Along the GA coast Day 2 - 01/22/05 03:41 AM

Thanks Bert. I am using a Nikon Coolpix 8800. Some of the pictures I had a wide angle lens on.

Re: Along the GA coast Day 2 - 01/22/05 05:49 AM

I don't know what happened to these pictures but they were a lot clearer when I first posted them. confused
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Along the GA coast Day 2 - 01/27/05 02:59 AM

Hi Lori!
Your pictures are great!
Isn't Savanna a neat city?
And isn't the Pirate's House a hoot? Did you go in the upstairs lounge with all the drunken pirates lying around. The back wall had a thunder
shower going on, and they actually make it rain in
part of the lounge.
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Along the GA coast Day 2 - 01/27/05 04:31 AM

Lorie,

We all fade a little bit as we get older. laugh

bobo
© 2024 Collector Forums