LighthouseKeepers.com

Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo)

Posted By: Zachary

Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 12:46 AM

I recieved this, along with a few other images, from the owner of the Bolivar lighthouse that were taken this winter. I'll post the others on my site later. (btw:, he said he'd send more smile )
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 03:14 AM

Hey Zach!

Great photo! Could you please resize to no larger than 600 pixel width so we can see the whole thing without scrolling? Thanks much!

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 03:28 AM

Done. Here's 2 others, I'll post them in their original sizes on my website later.

The Main Keepers Quarters and the Oil Storage BLDG

The whole grounds
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 03:41 AM

It looks like there's more snow there than what we had on the ground in the St. Paul area of Minnesota prior to yesterday. (We finally had our first snowfall of the season that was greater than an inch.)

Thanks for sharing these photos.

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 03:45 AM

He said it was around 5".
Also, if anyone wants to see it, here's the first photo in it's original size.
Lighthouse_Christmas6.jpg

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 04:46 AM

Zach, more great photos! I have never been to a lighthouse in Texas, nor seen photos of one so far south with snow!

Tammy, talk about crazy weather. It was freezing rain last night, fog and rain today, rising temps (it's 60 degrees out in Michigan in January right now!!!) and tomorrow the cold front comes through. We are not going to even see a high of 20 degrees until next Tuesday...brrr!

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 04:46 AM

Umm...gee whiz. I just hit post #500!

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenifer Selwa:
Zach, more great photos! I have never been to a lighthouse in Texas, nor seen photos of one so far south with snow!
Yeah, snow's a rare thing down here. Your also lucky because pictures this close of the Bolivar LH are basically non-existent to the public.
Eventually, I'll have more as Mr. Maxwell (the owner of the property) said he'll send me some when he figures out how to work his new digital camera.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 02:06 PM

That's a rather unusually vertical white stripe in that first pic. Kind of reminds me of a skunk for some bizarre reason.

cool Bob cool

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/13/05 03:20 PM

I think it's because the snow is sticking to the rusted iron. It makes for a unique shot

Re: Bolivar Point in Christmas (Close-Up photo) - 01/15/05 06:33 PM

I've posted the rest of them on my website
© 2024 Collector Forums