LighthouseKeepers.com

“Save Our Lighthouses” Series

Posted By: DANIEL

“Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/11/06 02:34 PM

Just got a great idea for a new Harbour Light lighthouse series. Call it:

“Save Our Lighthouses”

The first two nominees for this set would be the;

“Frying Pan Shoals and Diamond Shoals NC”

The main purpose of this series would not necessarily be for donations but for information on lighthouses that are on the demolition list.
The lighthouse would come with instructions on how to prevent this from happening and who to write to to show your concerns. Of course these would have to be an L.E.

Maybe because of the speed these would have to be made and to make it more available they could be made as the first limited edtiion LLOM.

--------------------
DANIEL
Posted By: 5lights

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/11/06 03:26 PM

Interesting concept!!
Posted By: HCS

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/11/06 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DANIEL:
Just got a great idea for a new Harbour Light lighthouse series. Call it:

“Save Our Lighthouses”

The first two nominees for this set would be the;

“Frying Pan Shoals and Diamond Shoals NC”

The main purpose of this series would not necessarily be for donations but for information on lighthouses that are on the demolition list.
The lighthouse would come with instructions on how to prevent this from happening and who to write to to show your concerns. Of course these would have to be an L.E.

Maybe because of the speed these would have to be made and to make it more available they could be made as the first limited edtiion LLOM.

--------------------
DANIEL
Good idea.
They could up the price a bit, with the additional going to lighthouse preservation.
HCS
Posted By: kikigl

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/11/06 04:21 PM

Great idea! I think it would be nice if it could be a two piece set with one light being the way it is now and the other one showing how it would look after.
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/11/06 05:57 PM

Code:
 the other one showing how it would look after.

Well, for both of those you would have a level expanse of water. smile
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/11/06 09:50 PM

Personally I will not shed a tear when the last "Texas Tower" is gone. I just don't see any benifit in saving them.

From the conversations I've had over the years,I would also bet that a lot of the poor souls who were stationed on them would offer to push the button to implod them if given a chance.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/12/06 12:02 AM

Interesting viewpoint, Eric! I wonder how many people who served on them would like to blow them up. I'd say the percentage is probably not very high, though.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/13/06 03:48 AM

For those who were warned of the danger or who had help sent to them via the lighthouse keepers, think the Texas Tower looks like a million bucks.
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/19/06 04:51 AM

I like the "Save the Lighthouse" concept especially if some of the profits go towards the preservation of the light. That probably would restrict it to those lighthouses that have preservation societies. It's an idea worth thinking about.
Judy
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/19/06 03:16 PM

A "Save the lighthouse series" would be great. Along with a "Gone but not forgotten" series.

Also, an anniverisary(spell?) series would be great. Every year they could honor a lighthouse that's been around say 75, or 100, or 150 years. (don't want to get off topic).
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: “Save Our Lighthouses” Series - 09/19/06 11:45 PM

Save our lighthouse series would not have to be a Texas tower but any light that needs recognition that it is on the endangered list. I wouldn’t want to put Harbour Lights in a position where they would have to donate so much to that Lighthouse. That would be totally up to Harbour lights. The main purpose of this lighthouse would be recognition of a light in need and not to directly help it finically.
If it is a lighthouse that was all ready made maybe issue it in a small edtion set of special LLOM say around 1000
or if it hasn't been made before a special editon L.E. with a production of 600. Even though they wouldn't get the exposure at stores they would on ebay.
© 2024 Collector Forums