LighthouseKeepers.com

Owls Head, Rockland, ME

Posted By: Deb Weissler

Owls Head, Rockland, ME - 08/10/99 03:26 AM

Definitely one of my all time favorites! But HL would have to do it justice by perching it high up on its promontory - unlike HL's disappointing rendition of 'Bass Harbor'.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Owls Head, Rockland, ME - 08/10/99 05:38 AM

Deb: You are not alone in your desire for Owl's Head!

See

http://216.46.163.97/forums/Forum4/HTML/000042.html

for additional comments.

Mombo
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Owls Head, Rockland, ME - 08/31/99 12:28 AM

I agree. I'd like to see Owl's Head, also.

We visited it just before the reunion last year. It would be a sharp piece with all the steps going up the hill. It would probably also look good as a winter piece with snow all around it.

Hopefully, we'll be able to purchase a sculpture of it in the near future.

Re: Owls Head, Rockland, ME - 08/31/99 12:28 AM

We visited it just before the reunion last year. It would be a sharp piece with all the steps going up the hill. It would probably also look good as a winter piece with snow all around it.

Re: Owls Head, Rockland, ME - 08/31/99 12:31 AM

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Owls Head, Rockland, ME - 08/31/99 01:53 AM

Owls Head would be great. It would be nice if they could make it look like it did in it's heyday.

"the lightkeeper"
Posted By: DeDo

Re: Owls Head, Rockland, ME - 08/31/99 02:57 AM

I agree with everyone. Owl's Head is a neat light because of its position high above the bay.

We visited it three weeks ago on our first trip to Maine. It was one of seventeen that we visited or photographed off-shore. It was one of our favorites. I agree with Deb about HL's Bass Harbor. After climbing all over the large rocks below it to get the photos I was disappointed when I saw the HL. It needs a higher position.

Our trip opened up a new list of HLs that we had never considered before: Maine.Thanks to all the marketplace posts we have Portland Breakwater on its way to us and others on our want list.

Mike, always enjoy your vintage postcards. They are a great way to view lights as they were.

Owl's Head would be a perfect event piece.

Donna
Posted By: Kevin

Re: Owls Head, Rockland, ME - 08/31/99 11:16 PM

Now that I've seen the vintage postcard, I'm more interested than ever in Owl's Head. the keeper's house would also be important to include, IMO. The covered walkway would be a cool addition to the piece.
© 2024 Collector Forums