LighthouseKeepers.com

Fowey Rock Light - Florida

Posted By: Randy Kremer

Fowey Rock Light - Florida - 02/26/02 02:48 AM

I would think this lighthouse would make a great figurine! Harbour Lights has the technology to make it also. Hey, they did American Shoal, why not Fowey Rock! They would look good sitting next to each other! What do you think?
http://web.archive.org/web/20010827125551/www.cr.nps.gov/maritime/light/fowey.htm
Posted By: Nana

Re: Fowey Rock Light - Florida - 02/26/02 04:19 AM

Fowey Rocks would make a GREAT HL LE!
After our trip there last summer, I sent 42 pictures I took to HL and gave them views of all of the structure. You have not lived until you have been on a diveboat with 30 other soaked to the bone LH wackos--trying to take the best photos you can- -while the sea under the boat is pitching you back and forth.
Derith
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Fowey Rock Light - Florida - 02/26/02 04:33 AM

How about posting some of those photos, Derith? Send them to me if need be and I'll post them for you.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Fowey Rock Light - Florida - 02/26/02 02:29 PM

ANY FLORIDA LIGHT is great!! Fowey Rocks brings back memories in the late 60's when we used to have to go and service the electronics on it. I was a great ride out and back on a 30' UTB.

Rich
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Fowey Rock Light - Florida - 02/26/02 04:10 PM

I knew this one would get notice from Derith!
Was it your pictures we saw of Fowery Rock Light that were taken from a plane? They were great!
Posted By: Stan

Re: Fowey Rock Light - Florida - 03/01/02 03:22 AM

Strongly concur with the recommendation of Fowey Rocks. This is a great looking LH. HL needs to do a few more of the Florida reef lights and this would be a fine one to start with.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Fowey Rock Light - Florida - 03/11/02 05:31 AM

Ditto!! It is really a neat L/H.

Harry
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Fowey Rock Light - Florida - 03/24/02 01:16 AM

I agree with you Randy. Fowey Rocks would be a great addition to the HL line.
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Fowey Rock Light - Florida - 03/24/02 01:47 AM

yes Fowey rocks and some of the other offshore lights would be great additions to any light house collection.Bill O"Brien
© 2024 Collector Forums