LighthouseKeepers.com

American Shoals, FL

Posted By: hcorey

American Shoals, FL - 11/11/98 08:03 PM

I would like to see Harbour Lights produce American Shoals, FL lighthouse, to complete the 1989 Commemorative Stamps Lighthouse Series. Bill Y said they have the stamps some place and they now have the knowledge to produce this type of lighthouse.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/11/98 10:20 PM

I pretty much only collect New York State Lighthouses but I would like to see this lighthouse if it were produced. It would be quite a piece.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/12/98 10:56 AM

Hey John,
Got a picture of this one?

------------------
LoNgIsLaNd BoB
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/12/98 03:18 PM

Rod Watson located an old post card of American Shoal.

http://www.harbourlights.com/galleries/amer_shoal.jpg

Can't seem to include the photo, but click on the link to see it in a new window.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 11-12-98).]
Posted By: rscroope

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/12/98 03:32 PM

Thank you Sir.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/12/98 04:45 PM

Here is an image of the set of stamps, just in case somebody has either forgotten or wasn't aware of the 1989 Commemorative Stamps Lighthouse Series. Harbour Lights has produced 4 of the set leaving only American Shoals left to do as a limited lighthouse.

http://www.HarbourLights.com/publications/others/images/Stampsdrop2.gif

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 11-12-98).]
Posted By: RFoster

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/16/98 01:42 AM

I'd like to see American Shoals done also and the idea of completing the stamp series is a good one. This light would surely push the envelope as far as technique and medium go.

Ron
Posted By: Kat

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/20/98 03:42 AM

I too would like to see HL produce American Shoals, FL light. It would be an incredible addition to the LE collection.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/20/98 06:34 AM

I was reading Kim some of these posts yesterday and she corrected me "American Shoal".

Wonder if that means anything?

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/20/98 02:42 PM

The correct name is American Shoal not American Shoals. If Harbour Lights does produce this piece I hope they put the correct name on it.
Posted By: hcorey

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/20/98 04:38 PM

The postage stamp has "American Shoals, Florida" as the caption. My book "Florida Lighthouses" has American Shoal. Does Harbor Lights want to use the correct spelling or the governments? Sorry, I worked for the government too long. I am use to doing it their way.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/20/98 07:33 PM

Go to this web page and it is explained very well.

http://www.erols.com/lthouse/ashs.htm

Paul
Posted By: LamarB

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/20/98 09:27 PM

Interesting! Thanks Paul.

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/20/98 09:36 PM

Good job Paul. That information should settle the matter. Thanks--"the lightkeeper"{Mike}
Posted By: Kat

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/20/98 11:40 PM

Thankyou Paul for a very interesting site in regards to American Shoal...did I get the spelling correct! I hope to see this one nestled amongst my other beautiful HL pieces in the near future!!!
Posted By: RFoster

Re: American Shoals, FL - 11/21/98 03:12 AM

Good job Paul. Looking forward to displaying this next to the new New London Harbor and the Alaskan lights.

Ron
© 2024 Collector Forums