LighthouseKeepers.com

Cape Romain, SC

Posted By: Anonymous

Cape Romain, SC - 08/13/99 02:27 AM

I haven't expressed any wishes lately but after my trip to the South Carolina lights that are out from Georgetown, I would like to see HL produce one with the Cape Romain twin lights. We also saw the Georgetown light which is in very nice condition and has a lovely setting, but the Cape Romain lights are so dramatic. My husband and I took a boat ride out with a local guide.
Derith

Re: Cape Romain, SC - 08/13/99 03:04 AM

For some more information and picture visit:
http://ipl.lub.lu.se/exhibit/light/ATL/CapeRomain.html

"the lightkeeper"
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Cape Romain, SC - 08/13/99 05:26 AM

I'd like to see that one, too Derith.
Posted By: Art

Re: Cape Romain, SC - 08/13/99 05:38 AM

I'm waiting for that one, too.
Posted By: Lighthousedude

Re: Cape Romain, SC - 08/13/99 01:09 PM

I think it would be a great additon to the Harbour Lights line up as well.
Posted By: S Dalessandro

Re: Cape Romain, SC - 08/13/99 03:05 PM

I agree. It's a good successor to the Cape Henry HL.

Re: Cape Romain, SC - 08/16/99 04:36 AM

Thanks "lightkeeper" for the link to Cape Romain. If I ever get my photos posted from my trip, you can see what the twin lights look like from a lot closer. Lamar, that is another location for spiritual experiences. Sean, I am sure there are some pictures of the older one that will show HL what it looked like before it was replaced with the larger one.
Derith
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Cape Romain, SC - 08/28/99 07:31 PM

Would like to see Cape Romain done, also. Talked with Bill at the last Reunion about this lighthouse. He has since seen it and showed interest in it, so hopefully we'll see it in the future.

We took a flight over it a few years ago and got some nice pictures. It's really unique.
Posted By: youngone

Re: Cape Romain, SC - 09/22/99 04:15 AM

Thanks Lightkeeper,

I had never heard of this light until this mention of it. I can't wait to see it in person.

Tony
© 2024 Collector Forums