LighthouseKeepers.com

Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island

Posted By: MtnHkr

Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/18/99 10:21 PM

What a challenge this light would be for Harbor Lights to make. I think this would make an excellent choice and possibly ver popular due to the intricate details. If I knew how to get a picture on here I'd include one, but that's something I have need to learn about. What say you about Bullocks Point.

MtnHkr
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/18/99 10:28 PM

Looks like it would be a challenge, indeed.

The Internet Index of Lighthouse Links has just one link:

http://www.lighthouse.cc/bullocks/index.html this site has several pages, however.
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/18/99 11:07 PM

What a beauty HL could make of this one. It's a shame it's no longer with us.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/19/99 03:37 AM

Hey Bert, ...I keep my boat right across from Pomham Rocks Light and just a mile or so from Bullocks Point. I never knew there was a light their in the past until I ventured into the LH Index available through the Forum. Bullocks Point was quite a light in its day.

Bob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/19/99 05:24 AM

Bullock's Point c1909

Bullock's Point after the Sept. 21st,1938 Hurricane

"TheLightkeeper"
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/19/99 05:32 AM

Have to agree. This would be a really great HL, especially if they would include the pier under it and the water around it. This is a really unique light. Too bad it did not survive for us to enjoy in person.

Dave
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/19/99 05:34 PM

I also think that this light would make a great Harbour Lights piece. Maybe now that there is a Days Gone By collection (starting with the Flying Santa and keepers family figurines) Harbour lights could have a Lights Gone By series. Cape Henelopin would be another candidate for this series as well as many others which are no longer with us.

Harbour Lights could do a Bullocks Point Light as a Now & Then (although the "NOW" isn't much to look at).

Ron
(CT Keeper)

[This message has been edited by RFoster (edited 11-19-99).]
Posted By: JeffB

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/19/99 05:37 PM

I agree, it truly was a beautiful lighthouse. The history is wonderful too. Even though it lost an entire wall, throughout the hurricane, the light kept burning.
Posted By: Karen Smith

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/20/99 10:23 PM

The Bullock's Point Light was such a beautiful lighthouse! Yes, it would have made a beautiful Harbour Lights Lighthouse and a challenge to reproduce!
Lightkeeper, thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of the Bullock's Point Light, with us!
It is a aweful shame, that, so many lighthouses have vanished over the years! So, glad to be able to say; I was able to contribute a small part in; the saving of the Cape Hatteras, NC Lighthouse!
Karen :-)
Posted By: mombo

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/21/99 07:42 AM

Yes, this would make an excellent candidate for a GLOP!

Mike, I didn't realize that you were around in '38!

MOMBO
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bullocks Point Light in Rhode Island - 11/21/99 03:39 PM

Neither did I. LOL

"TheLightkeeper"
© 2024 Collector Forums