LighthouseKeepers.com

Cape Charles Light

Posted By: JKevin

Cape Charles Light - 11/19/00 10:37 PM

Would love to see Cape Charles VA included in the collection.It is a steel skeleton light and sits opposite of the Cape Henry lights at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay.
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/19/00 10:49 PM

Howdy Jkevin, and welcome to the forums.

I too would love to see Cape Charles, and I think it would be fitting to dothis light since the keepers quarters burned down last summer.
Posted By: Brent

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/20/00 01:51 AM

I "3rd" the motion.....and I honestly think that it would be a big-seller, as well!
Posted By: Mike Thompson

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/20/00 02:35 AM

I agree. Besides being another Virginia light to add to my collection, the design is different than most others.

Mike
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/20/00 02:43 AM

Cape Charles light would be a very nice addition to the HL lineup. I remember returning from sea and of course, seeing Cape Charles on Smith Island to the starboard, and Cape Henry to the port. I knew I was going to be home soon! Here is a link to view Cape Charles light.
http://www.cheslights.org/images/capechs-lg.jpg

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/20/00 07:14 AM

Thanks for the welcome.Have been Collecting HL for a year now and have 59 LE and ALWAYS want more.I live in Va Beach,actually just a few miles from Cape Henry light and didnt even hear about the keepers quarters burning down.
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/20/00 03:07 PM

Welcome aboard, JKevin. Hey, good choice. I wouldn't be surprised if Harbour Lights had it on their "to-do" list. Probably not in 2001, but I could see it as a 2002 release. Easily.
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/21/00 12:10 AM

Jkevin, the keepers house burned down back in July. I did a quick search and found this page. http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum5/HTML/000246.html

[This message has been edited by Weasel58 (edited 11-20-2000).]

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/21/00 01:28 AM

Thanks for the info.There was no report about it here in the local papers,which being so remote it was unlikely to get any coverage.I really enjoy reading the forums and looking foward to getting to know everyone.
Kevin smile
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/21/00 03:00 AM

Cape Charles , VA ............ Great Choice and there are plenty of pictures of the keepers quarters for it to be included.
Add my vote. Cape Charles is a winner
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Cape Charles Light - 11/30/00 06:20 AM

JKevin, great choice! Torchbearer, thanks for the link to the picture. Reminds me of Hillsboro.

Rusty
© 2024 Collector Forums