LighthouseKeepers.com

Harbour Lights Video

Posted By: Cana Fan

Harbour Lights Video - 05/18/01 03:03 PM

As I sat last night, admiring a few of my newer H.L.'s , I thought it would be very interesting to know and perhaps see how Harbour Lights are made. I'd like to see Harbour Lights do a video on the production of their lighthouses, from the artist proof stages all the way through to the packaging stage. Covering things like putting the skeleton towers together, casting the resin, final painting, etc. I would think there would be a enough people interested in this that they could sell quite a few of these. This would be of course, if they could do it without giving away any "trade secrets"

Anybody else have any thought on this?

Mike
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Harbour Lights Video - 05/18/01 04:44 PM

I've been bugging them for over 3 years to do this. They do have a DV video camera which at least some of the time they take on trips to China.
Posted By: JCRice

Re: Harbour Lights Video - 05/18/01 05:19 PM

As a relative "new guy", I would love to see something like this. I've always been fascinated in watching the manufacturing process of just about anything (newspapers, magazines, beer, food products, TV's etc.).

I would really like to see the process with something that I appreciate as much as Harbour Lights.
Posted By: DaveVB

Re: Harbour Lights Video - 05/18/01 11:17 PM

What a great idea! I've have become more and more curious about the artistic and manufacturing processes for these little jewels as I have seen them get more and more detailed!
I can't be at the Baltimore reunion this fall, in spite of the fact that is right up the road from home, but maybe there will be opportunities for some of you to press the point a little more...
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Harbour Lights Video - 05/20/01 12:32 PM

That is a great idea! I'm sure most every connected collector would want one for his or her video library. It would sure help answer friends questions about, "How are these things made?"

Keep your fingers crossed....

Bob
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Harbour Lights Video - 05/20/01 04:57 PM

I also have been suggesting it for years. I even know someone that has already produced a video story about Bill Younger and produces and edits for a living and a young man who shot the story about Bill Younger and lighthouses.

They are making Old Michigan City so maybe, just maybe...........

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
© 2024 Collector Forums