LighthouseKeepers.com

More Connecticut Lights!

Posted By: Devon Whaler

More Connecticut Lights! - 07/16/02 01:00 AM

Having grown up sailing on Long Island Sound I'd like to see Stratford Shoals (Middle Ground), Stratford Point, and New Haven harbor lights. I also agree that the Northern light on Block Island would be a nice addition (even though it looks a lot nicer in the photos than I remember from the late sixties).
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: More Connecticut Lights! - 07/16/02 01:55 AM

Welcome Devon. It's nice to see you posting. If your new to the Forums why don't you take a few minutes to tell us about yourself in the Welcome Forums.

Rich
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: More Connecticut Lights! - 07/16/02 03:55 PM

Welcome Devon. NIce group of lights that you would like to see made. I agree that we definitley could use a few more Connecticut lights and would like to see them made. As with Rich, it is nice to have you onboard. Hope we hear more from you.

Bert
Posted By: JCRice

Re: More Connecticut Lights! - 07/16/02 05:05 PM

Hello Devon (and welcome...),
I currently live within a few miles of the Stratford Point Lighthouse (and was fortunate to climb it one sunny afternoon a couple of years ago), I would welcome and fully support ANY new Connecticut lights. Stratford would be particularly welcome, since it's my lovely wife's hometown (and THAT would actually give me an excuse to buy one ).
Posted By: rscroope

Re: More Connecticut Lights! - 07/16/02 05:05 PM

I agree with making Strafford Shoals "Middle Ground", Devon but it is a Long Island Lighthouse http://www.scroope.net/longislandlighthouses/stratfordshoal.htm
Bob
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: More Connecticut Lights! - 07/16/02 09:01 PM

Bob, I just knew you would claim Strafford Shoals as a Long Island Light. Even state can claim it as long as Harbour Lights makes the light in the near future.
Judy
© 2024 Collector Forums