LighthouseKeepers.com

I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued)

Posted By: Bob M

I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/17/06 04:34 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen, ...This is the continuance of the previous thread with the same title. For you newcomers unfamiliar with the "Wish List" thread, it is a place to make a pitch for a favorite lighthouse or two that you would like Harbour Lights to consider as a future release.

Post what you would like HL to consider in the future and keep your fingers crossed. Several lights talked up here have been made. Your suggestions could be the future introductions.

Harbour Lights has always listened in the past, and there is no doubt in my mind that they will continue listening in the future.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/17/06 11:44 PM

Recently, in another thread, I mentioned Point Abino. It is a such a beautiful light; I have wished for that one for some years. It is becoming more accessible to the public, so, hopefully, more people will take advantage of the opportunity to see it.

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/18/06 04:43 PM

I'm still hoping that someday Harbour Lights will make Great Point Light, Nantucket. That would complete the current lights on Nantucket with the exception of Old Brant Point which still exists without a lantern room.

Then there's the island of Martha's Vineyard with West Chop Light, East Chop Light, and Cape Pogue Light. The "Chops" are quite popular and probably would be great sellers. Cape Pogue is more isolated so HL may pass over that one.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: ctlights

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/18/06 06:43 PM

Wish list: New London Harbor, New Haven Harbor (this was rumored years ago to be made with the former carousel.), Watch Hill, RI.

On the West Coast: Point Bonita, Point Sur, and Point Vicente.

If HL wants to actually sell some lights, here are three that have been seen by MILLIONS of tourists visiting California.
Posted By: sandy

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/18/06 08:45 PM

Rockland Lake (gone but not forgotten) and the other Stony Point, NY--both lights are (were) on the Hudson River and would round out the other six already-done lighthouses on the Hudson River.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I'd love to see the original Fort Niagara (built atop the fort) in a size similar to Navesink.

Sandy
Posted By: ddaniels

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/19/06 02:30 PM

I'd like to see Cape San Blas and maybe Carrabelle(Crooked River), both skeletal towers on Florida's "forgotten coast."

Dave

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/28/06 03:31 PM

Another light that is destined to become a Harbour Lights creation is Pomham Rock in East Providence, RI. I thought I would bring that one back to mind because of the current restoration efforts at that light. It is also a short distance from where I keep my boat docked, so I can cruise by it at most anytime.

Anyone else for Pomham Rock?

smile Bob smile
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/28/06 03:54 PM

Goes without saying Bob that I would be 100% behind Pomham Rocks. A very nice light that Hl could make which could include the entire Island. For you and I it is the closest light to our home that is still in existence. THe two others that would have been closer but are no longer in exixtence is Sassafras Point and Fuller ROck. Sharon and I bike by that one about 50 - 60 times a year.
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/28/06 06:53 PM

I would like to see a LE that featured either both lighthouses on Michigan Island, WI or both lighthouses on South Fox Island, MI.

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/29/06 03:28 PM

Another light that may become a reality in the future is Watch Hill Light at the entrance to Fisher's Island Sound at the RI/CT border. It has been made as a LLOM, so there's a very good chance it will appear as a limited edition in the future. Hopefully, the near future.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: kikigl

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 04/29/06 08:46 PM

And again I would like to see Point Bonita with all the cliffs and the suspension bridge.
Now that the Younger's aren't involved I wonder who will be going to the various lights to get all the specifics, pictures, etc. that are needed to produce tge lights?
Posted By: JohnL

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 05/01/06 07:17 PM

I would second the choice for Watch Hill.
Posted By: 5lights

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 05/01/06 11:07 PM

I would like to see a LE of St. Martin Island Lighthouse(Mi). It is hexagonal in plan and exoskeleton in design. It is the only light of that design on the Great Lakes. The Keepers house and fog signal still stand and the tram way still remains. cool
Posted By: HCS

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 05/02/06 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 5lights:
I would like to see a LE of St. Martin Island Lighthouse(Mi). It is hexagonal in plan and exoskeleton in design. It is the only light of that design on the Great Lakes. The Keepers house and fog signal still stand and the tram way still remains. cool
Sounds like a beautiful lighthouse. Maybe will get to the great lakes one day and see it for myself.
HCS
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 05/02/06 03:08 PM

St. Martin Island Lighthouse
Posted By: HCS

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 05/02/06 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WackoPaul:
[b] St. Martin Island Lighthouse [/b]
Thanks for the link, very informative artice.
HCS
Posted By: JohnL

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 05/12/16 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By JohnL
I would second the choice for Watch Hill.

Yikes. It's been 10 years since I've posted here.
Posted By: John Thomas

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 06/02/16 06:57 PM

I second St. Martin Island, MI.

I would also like to see Sand Hills, MI made into a full size piece.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: I wish Harbour Lights would make...(continued) - 06/03/16 06:31 AM

Harbour Lights is no more so you might want to post in the forum for Harry's wish list.
© 2024 Collector Forums