LighthouseKeepers.com

Bullocks Point, RI

Posted By: MtnHkr

Bullocks Point, RI - 12/07/01 04:33 PM

I would love to see Harbour Lights make this light. IT's no longer there, but what a wonderful light this would make. Very interesting to say the least.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1135633&a=8341695&p=43604367&Sequence=0

Bert (MtnHkr)

[This message has been edited by MtnHkr (edited 12-07-2001).]
Posted By: Jack Wilson

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/07/01 06:13 PM

That would be a beautiful addition to the "Gone But Not Forgotten" series.

Jack Wilson
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/07/01 08:10 PM

I would love to see Bullock's Point Light become an HL. I just don't know how marketable it would be. Not too many people around that remember it.

Bob
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/08/01 03:56 PM

I'm surprised there have been only two replies to this topic (not a good sign).

Bullocks Point was a magnificent structure like many other lighthouses that are now gone but not forgotten (I think Bullocks has been forgotten). It was located on a pile of rocks to starboard on the inbound channel of the Providence River. It was located very close to Conimicut Light. It marked a very shallow area adjacent to the main shipping channel going into the Port of Providence. Locals just refer to it as the "Rock Pile" now.

I don't think this structure will ever be depicted as a sculpture by Harbour Lights. I would love to see it done, but it isn't profitable if Bert, myself and a half dozen other collectors buy it.

The majority of the people who saw it standing have passed away. I'm from the area and have been cruising those waters for many a year (about 30 of them) and never knew about this light until a year or so ago. Nothing remains there except for a pile of rocks, a day mark, and a flashing light in the middle of the river. All traces of Bullocks Point Light have been washed away.

Bob
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/08/01 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
I don't think this structure will ever be depicted as a sculpture by Harbour Lights. I would love to see it done, but it isn't profitable if Bert, myself and a half dozen other collectors buy it.

Well, Bob, it depends on how many each of you buy!

This is a very interesting light, and would be a rather unusual addition to the collection. I would believe that if HL were to make Bullocks Point, and they were able to capture the look of it perched on its foundation, that it would sell OK (especially in a smaller edition size.)

Dave
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/14/01 02:30 AM

I'd buy it if HL made it. I think Bullocks Point would be AWSOME!!

Heck, if it still stood and was for sale, I would move my wife and I to live in it. But I guess that won't happen, just like living at Owls Head, ME won't happen either in my life time. Ah, peace and quiet except for the foghorn.

I can dream can't I ?

Christopher
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/14/01 02:43 AM

It was made by the now defunct Lefton co.and I know because it was one of the lost lights I did get.Bill O'Brien
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/14/01 09:41 AM

Bob,
Lefton Defunct? I thought I just saw some new releases by Lefton in the Lighthouse Depot catalogue. When did they go under?

Dale
Posted By: Shirin

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/14/01 02:34 PM

Here's a picture of Leftons replica.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1787893&a=13847718&p=57357033[/img]

shirin
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/18/01 08:50 PM

A notice about Lefton's uncertain future is posted on their website under "notice".

Sounds interesting.....

Not to down play Lefton at all, but as long as HL keeps making lighthouses, I'm happy! However I do like their "Lost Lights" line.

Christopher
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Bullocks Point, RI - 12/18/01 10:35 PM

http://www.gzlefton.com/

I don't see any notice?
© 2024 Collector Forums