LighthouseKeepers.com

Please, Please!

Posted By: Roxie

Please, Please! - 02/03/03 07:55 PM

Marblehead, Massachusetts - It is the only skeleton tower in New England, and basically the Northeast! I have the Spoontiques, but I would adore a HL!
Posted By: Bob48

Re: Please, Please! - 02/04/03 06:54 PM

Should they include the neighbors' houses or the boats in the harbor?
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Please, Please! - 02/05/03 02:24 AM

Sounds like a great idea! Some of my favorites are the skeleton towers! They might not be the prettiest, but they are so unique!

Marblehead Light, Mass.

Re: Please, Please! - 02/05/03 02:48 AM

Marblehead is very unique, especially in the Northeast. I have read in some books how unappealing it is because it is a Skeleton tower (Massachusetts Lighthouses - A Guide). But that beautiful green glow, especially from it's height, is really something to see. Watching the sun set from behind the lighthouse is really very cool, all the dramatic shapes that the structure casts, are beautiful.

The Spoontiques figure I have, has part of the harbor/water surrounding the lighthouse. What would be nice is to have a sailboat or two, to help with the scale. Marblehead is rather tall.
Posted By: kscroope

Re: Please, Please! - 02/05/03 09:26 PM

I think you definitely have the include some of the "background" with this lighthouse...when I went to see it, I was really awestruct by how beautiful an area it was located in.

Also, I guess depending on what you consider the northeast - Long Island is considered part of the northeast by people who live there - you can't forget that there is a skeletal tower at Coney Island.

Re: Please, Please! - 02/05/03 11:06 PM

That's a good point, I have a Coney Island figure. So, I guess I should restrict it to New England.
© 2024 Collector Forums