LighthouseKeepers.com

HL Criteria

Posted By: mombo

HL Criteria - 08/29/99 06:53 PM

My wish would be to know what criteria HL uses when deciding which lighthouses to make. Do they take all our "wishes" here and on their site, throw them in a box and pull one out? Must be a little more involved. Anyone (John?) have any knowledge of this?

Mombo
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: HL Criteria - 08/29/99 10:04 PM

That is a good question. I also would like to know what criteria HL uses. It would help us in making suggestions as to what lighthouses we would like to see made.

"the lightkeeper"
Posted By: Bob M

Re: HL Criteria - 08/30/99 01:58 AM

I would say that Harbour Lights listens to its collectors. The more people who ask via telephone, written mail, email, or in person to Bill or Nancy, the more likely that LH would be considered for production.

I wonder if a poll of 500 collectors would indicate what the other 20,000 or so collectors might be thinking when it comes to choosing the next new HL?

Bob
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: HL Criteria - 08/30/99 02:46 AM

Kim has stated in the past that they first decide a region that needs to be represented -- Maine Coast, Hudson River, Florida, Gulf Coast, Pacific, Great Lakes, etc.

Then they go to the "want lists" that they do record and compile from collectors and search for ones that have been asked for the most in those regions.

John
Posted By: Digger

Re: HL Criteria - 08/31/99 01:24 AM

Hey HL's. If I hold my lantern really high, turn around in circles and make foghorn sounds will I be considered?

[This message has been edited by Gravedigger (edited 08-30-99).]
Posted By: Dave H

Re: HL Criteria - 08/31/99 05:48 AM

Quote:
Hey HL's. If I hold my lantern really high, turn around in circles and make foghorn sounds will I be considered?

Considered for what...? We could probably list a few.
You do have responsibilities to the HL underground that should keep you too busy to pose for sculpting.

Dave
Posted By: mombo

Re: HL Criteria - 09/01/99 03:28 AM

An HL with a shovel and muddy feet?
© 2024 Collector Forums