LighthouseKeepers.com

RATHLIN WEST (IRELAND)

Posted By: Pharologst

RATHLIN WEST (IRELAND) - 09/15/00 03:22 PM

I'd love to see this truly unique lighthouse captured by Harbour Lights. It would be hard though to give it the majesty it deserves in a replica that it enjoys in real life!!.

"Pharologst" George

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 09-15-2000).]
Posted By: wheland

Re: RATHLIN WEST (IRELAND) - 09/15/00 04:49 PM

George,

It's hard to have a comment on something we can't see.

I found a link to a picture. It's not the best, but it does give you an idea what George means. Have patience, it may take awhile to load.
http://www.ballylesson.co.uk/rathlin/lighthouses.html

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 09-15-2000).]
Posted By: JULB

Re: RATHLIN WEST (IRELAND) - 09/15/00 11:31 PM

WOW !!!! What an INCREDIBLE Piece it would be!!
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: RATHLIN WEST (IRELAND) - 09/16/00 02:40 AM

Nice pic Dennis! Looks like a winner! It could be a future Pharos piece if the first set of FIVE ever come out!
Posted By: TD

Re: RATHLIN WEST (IRELAND) - 09/16/00 06:21 AM

I also agree that this would be a very nice piece. Have you seen this piece in person? I'm in the planning stages for a trip to Ireland. Would love to see it if possible.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: RATHLIN WEST (IRELAND) - 09/16/00 06:47 AM

What a location on Rathlin West! Best pay attention to where you are walking!

Kind of interesting little addition on the Rathlin East light- a spare lantern room or one for short ships? Almost looks like a war time coastal artillery viewing bunker with the little slit windows.

Dave
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: RATHLIN WEST (IRELAND) - 09/17/00 03:24 AM

I'd be surprised if HL could scale the West lighthouse correctly to give it the proper sense of dramatic placement it would deserve. As Dave mentions, the East light is intriguing with its little 'silo' and the quaint dual-chimneyed (keepers?) building.

__
/im
© 2024 Collector Forums