LighthouseKeepers.com

Why not a lights series?

Posted By: Dick Johnson

Why not a lights series? - 11/11/98 09:56 PM

There are many worthy lighthouses that are out there that candidates for production. However, why not produce a series of the heart of the lighthouse, the lighting system, or lenses. Maybe instead of a series they could all be on the same base, or in a case like the Anchor Bay ships. We see these shown and talked about as much as the lighthouses many time, so why not honor them with a reproduction. I think this might give an interesting production challenge for HL and I for one would be just as fascinated with a reproduction of a first order Fresnel lens as I would the lighthouses.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Why not a lights series? - 11/11/98 10:32 PM

I was going to post a suggestion the other day about the production of a lighthouse lens, but I thought it was too far fetched. But I do agree with you. I too would like to see one produced along with some other lighthouse related items (fog bell-fog horn-keepers boat-oil house-fog signal building-post light-bell bouy-lighthouse tender)even a lighthouse depot or a life-saving station.
Posted By: Karl Lewis

Re: Why not a lights series? - 11/19/98 02:21 AM

All great ideas.
I'd like to see a series of Alaskan Lighthouses. Most are located in beautiful, remote places. They would make beautiful HL pieces.
© 2024 Collector Forums