LighthouseKeepers.com

Alaska

Posted By: Cuckolds

Alaska - 08/11/08 04:58 AM

Can anyone tell me why, to the best of my knowledge, that only one lighthouse has been produced for Alaska? To me it is a place where a lot of people have visited and those that haven't visited Alaska would like to and that to me would seem to make lighthouses in Alaska somewhat popular. I for one am sad that there are not more of Alaska. frown frown
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Alaska - 08/11/08 12:48 PM

Product Search on the HL Website returns an LE and LLOM for Eldred Rock.

So it seem you are right ... just ONE

Would be great to see more!! There are a few nice ones there like ...

Guard Island

or

Cape St. Elias

Somebody ready to pay me to go a photograph them for HL??? beanie
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Alaska - 08/11/08 02:11 PM

Actually they have recently done a Little Light of Five Fingers, AK. It is part of the Pacific Coast Stamp Set..

Five Fingers LL
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Alaska - 08/11/08 03:28 PM

Hopefully over the next few years we'll see a Five Fingers LE and maybe one or two more.

Re: Alaska - 08/11/08 05:01 PM

The five fingers is a nice one, but I refuse at this point to collect the "Little Lights". They are not detailed enough for me.

Re: Alaska - 08/11/08 07:22 PM

Oooppss ... yes I knew about the Five Fingers LL ... got it too

I collect all HL - provided I like them and can afford them. I prefer LLOMs and would LOVE some more AK ones!

Re: Alaska - 08/11/08 07:43 PM

Actually I would love to see more lighthouses of UK. The Eddystone is my very favorite in my whole collection....it is so different. So I vote for lighthouses in UK first and Alaska second.....
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Alaska - 08/11/08 09:16 PM

Maybe Harbour Lights should make more replicas of UK and other Euro lighthouses.

I heard they didn't sell too well, but they were marketing them to US collectors.

They should market them to European colectors.

Just make US collectors aware of them for those who do want to collect foreign lighthouses.
Posted By: AZpharologist

Re: Alaska - 08/12/08 03:54 AM

I have visited many foreign lighthouses and would like to see collectable reproductions. Lights in the UK and New Zealand in particular. I only collect figurines of lighhouse I have visited. If my collection got to big my wife would throw me out of the House.

Re: Alaska - 08/12/08 08:25 AM

Quote:

I heard they didn't sell too well, but they were marketing them to US collectors.
That - I think - was only part of the reason. The other part was, the quality of the UK lights (at least the little ones) was not anything like HL's normal standard.

But you are right, the marketing also was none-existent on this side of the big puddle and therefore nobody knew they COULD collect them!

I am sure that, with proper marketing and due to the ever spreading enthusiasm for our lighthouses, another try would be worthwhile. Here and in the rest of Europe.

But .... I wonder if in this economic climate, that would not be a step too far. Shame really !!!

We'd love to see some of our lights replicated!!!
Posted By: Roland Babineau

Re: Alaska - 08/12/08 01:35 PM

I know that on occasion, I field questions from customers asking for foreign lights. Almost always, it's right after they've taken a trip abroad and would like a momento of lighthouses that were visited.
Perhaps the most popular and/or spectacular European/New Zealand/Australian lighthouses will be considered. We have the "Grand Tour" this year, perhaps next year we have the "European Fling"?

Re: Alaska - 08/12/08 04:14 PM

I for one enjoy the foreign lighthouses so much. To me many of them are more interesting and more intricate than our American lighthouses and oh so many of them have a much longer history to them. Harbour Lights, please give us some more .

Re: Alaska - 08/12/08 08:14 PM

Quote:
We have the "Grand Tour" this year, perhaps next year we have the "European Fling"?
How about a continent every year... there must be many lighthouses in all continents ... cool

Re: Alaska - 08/12/08 09:12 PM

Oh weeee..............that does sound great. A new continenet and a tour. vhappy vhappy
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: Alaska - 08/13/08 06:49 PM

Quote:
How about a continent every year... there must be many lighthouses in all continents
There are even two lighthouses in Antarctica.
© 2024 Collector Forums