LighthouseKeepers.com

lifesaving station

Posted By: tlovegrove

lifesaving station - 12/30/01 10:39 PM

I was disappointed not to find a lifesaving station on the list of new introductions for 2002. I love Point Allerton, and I'm eager for another one..
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: lifesaving station - 12/30/01 11:40 PM

There are more lifesaving stations in the works... according to Harbour Lights. You need to remember that the 2002 Lighthouses announced so far are not all of the 2002 releases.. There will be more announced by mid-year.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
Posted By: Hal Dean

Re: lifesaving station - 12/31/01 02:34 AM

I was told that HL will be making the Indian River De. Lifesaving station and should be coming out sometime in 2002.
Hal
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: lifesaving station - 12/31/01 03:36 PM

Wishing for Indian River,DE Lifesaving station !!!!
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: lifesaving station - 01/01/02 03:13 AM

OK, I'll throw in a wish for either Manasquan Inlet CG Station in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ; or Humboldt Bay CG Station in Samoa, CA. They were both built in 1936 and are historical sites, both are Cape Cods of identical architecture.

I happened to be the CO at both of them, and when I stood at the end of Humboldt Bay Station, it was identical to Manasquan. I presume it was a widely popular station since I happened to be stationed at two on opposite coasts.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: CAVR

Re: lifesaving station - 01/01/02 07:13 PM

I would truly luv to see and purchase the Indian River,DE Lifesaving station.

Christopher
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: lifesaving station - 01/01/02 08:09 PM

I'd like to see a matched set of Pointe aux Barques Life Savings Station and Lighthouse.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: lifesaving station - 01/01/02 11:51 PM

I'll second John's suggestion of Pointe aux Barques! I had the opportunity to photograph there last April and am certainly looking forward to the next time I have a chance to take a trip to the "thumb!"
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: lifesaving station - 01/02/02 03:56 AM

Sounds like a great idea to me!!!
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: lifesaving station - 01/02/02 05:46 AM

John, I think you have hit the nail on the head. That would make an awesome set!

Note to Younger & Associates:

Point Aux Barques - Lighthouse and Lifesaving Station please.

-Todd
© 2024 Collector Forums