LighthouseKeepers.com

Where's my Kingston?

Posted By: CarolZ

Where's my Kingston? - 05/22/02 07:58 PM

One of my first posts in the Collector's Forums was asking for a Harbour Light of Kingston-Rondout which is located on the Hudson River. Almost 3 years have gone by and still no site of this beautiful lighthouse as a replica.
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Where's my Kingston? - 05/22/02 08:46 PM

Just keep on trying Carol I kept on putting in for Monomoy Ma. and when I lost hope of ever seeing it up it pops.Bill O'Btien
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Where's my Kingston? - 05/22/02 08:55 PM

I found a picture of it on the internet and agree it would make a fine lighthouse. I read that the present light is the third.
http://www.pojonews.com/enjoy/stories/rondoutpg.htm

Bert
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Where's my Kingston? - 05/23/02 12:42 PM

Harbour Lights has certainly come up with some great surprises and they've managed to keep a secret right up to the point when the new pieces were announced.

Maybe your wish for Kingston-Rondout might be in the works. It takes a couple of years to do all the research, take photos, develop molds, and make the pieces.

One thing for sure is the fact the more people who ask for a particular light, the better the chances that piece will become a reality.

Bob
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Where's my Kingston? - 05/23/02 06:16 PM

Keep up the good fight Carol! This is a great looking lighthouse that would look good sitting with all the rest in the collection!

Remember what they say about the squeaky wheel!!!

Here's a few links ...

Kingston-Rondout - New York

Kingston-Rondout - New York
[This message has been edited by Randy Kremer (edited 05-23-2002).]
© 2024 Collector Forums