LighthouseKeepers.com

A New Limited Edition LLOM

Posted By: Tony C

A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/04/10 03:49 PM

Good Monday Morning!

Happy New Year!

Split Rock Light celebrates its Centennial.

On January 1, 2010 a Limited Edition Little Light of Mine was released with a magnificent "backstamp"!

Call; Split Rock Museum Store
Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/04/10 06:08 PM

A new version of the old hunt continues. Start dailing and get the charge card out!

Well done LLOM promotions Tony.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/04/10 06:12 PM

I have ordered a couple and when talking to the nice person on the phone, she told me that they plan to light the light every Friday during the Summer months..

News Release
Posted By: MelJB

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/04/10 07:17 PM

Got my order in for two. Edition size is 500, and they plan on beginning shipping on Friday. $16.95 each plus $7.95 shipping via the post office. They are not releasing 1 - 10 or 491 - 500 at this time.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/04/10 09:57 PM

We had two threads on the same topic. This one remains open.

You can view the other thread with a few posts here:

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=000212
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/04/10 11:47 PM

I have ordered a couple as I took my 7 year old grand daughter up there this past September, and she loved the area!

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/05/10 12:09 AM

Thanks for posting the info. Melody.

When I ordered this a.m., Split Rock seemed to have most numbers above #15 still available up to #491. So, unless you have a really really low autoship # or a favorite # you want that others might too, you may still be in luck to get your #(s) if you call today or very soon.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/05/10 03:01 AM

Ah, I love the old excitement and the "Little Chase" for the limited "Little Light". towel

Wonder if the fact that Split Rock get's all 500 of the run is unique among the limited little ones?

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/05/10 06:37 AM

That's Tony's standard procedure for these limited LLOM for societies to get them all..
Posted By: CAVR

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/07/10 06:01 PM

Does anyone know the product number LLXXX for the new Split Rock, MN LLOM Exclusive?

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/07/10 07:15 PM

It is LL115 as it was when it was originally released as a LLOM. These 500 are numbered with a special back-stamp to celebrate the Split Rock Centennial like HL did with the special Huntington Island LLOM release last year..
Posted By: rscroope

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/07/10 07:43 PM

Ordered mine today! Nice people!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/07/10 08:41 PM

I don't buy LLOM's, but Split Rock is my favorite lighthouse, so does anyone have a pic?

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/07/10 10:08 PM

I just happen to have one...

Posted By: Rrronne

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/07/10 11:18 PM

Just Ordered 2. Wonderful lady took my order. Even talked some Twins Baseball. Got to get there this summer for the centennial.
Posted By: CAVR

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/08/10 06:01 PM

Thanks for the product info and photo, Paul.

Thinking about what LL305 may possible be? Hummmmm.....

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/08/10 07:17 PM

LL305 could be the next NELL LLOM in their series..
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/14/10 11:19 PM

Received the Split Rock centennial LLOM!

Adorable!

A must have for a worthwhile cause! smile

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/15/10 02:32 AM

Mine arrived today, also..

2009 LL115 Split Rock Centennial Light

Very nice back-stamp!!

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/15/10 04:59 AM

------- 2000 LL115 on the left ------------------------- 2009 LL115 on the right -------

------- 2000 LL115 on the left ------------------------- 2009 LL115 on the right -------

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/16/10 08:42 PM

The new Centennial LL115 Split Rock is slightly smaller in all dimensions plus the paint job is slightly different. The rocks are better defined in the new version and the windows are painted differently, especially the lantern-room windows..

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/17/10 03:32 AM

I liked the side by side comparison and excellent quality of the photos, however I think it would be improved and comparing made easier if just the 2 side views (not ends) were of the SAME side of the light not opposite. So, in the first and second set of photos, just rotate one of the lights of the pairs 180 degrees so we're looking at the same sides of the light side by side.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/17/10 09:02 AM

Only going by Pauls pictures... I think I like the lantern room and the rocks better on the 2009. And the windows better on the 2000. Also it looks as if the green grass is darker and brighter on the 2009 than it is on the 2000.

Hard to say which one overall that I think is best?

Like Max said, a side by side showing the same sides, would give a better comparison.

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 01/18/10 07:40 PM

I am afraid you are stuck with these pictures, guys. You can also compare image one with image two, you know, look criss-cross.. The LLOM are put away in their LLOM cabinet..

You can also print the pages and cut out the images and lay them out the way you want them..
Posted By: akmn

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 02/05/10 11:14 PM

Wow, can't believe how long its been since I have posted!!! Glad to see our old friends and some new ones as well on here! Anyways, just wanted to add to the discussion on the Split Rock LLOM that has been released for its 100th Anniversary. We headed up to the North Shore this past weekend and stopped at Split Rock to pick up the piece and enjoy our favorite lighthouse in the winter. We also picked up a couple of neat postcards that have been produced for the 100th anniversary as well as a really cool pin. The postcards are 35 cents and the pin was $4.95, definately would reccomend them as add-ons to your purchase! Pics below of the pin with the LLOM and then a shot of the postcards:

Finally a beautiful winter view we captured:

Re: A New Limited Edition LLOM - 02/05/10 11:36 PM

Thanks, Adam, for posting the update on the items and thevery nice image of the lighthouse. Even though we are a lot farther away from Split Rock than you, Split Rock is one of our top two lighthouses to visit. I think before God was done making the earth, he said to himself I need to make a perfect location for a lighthouse to go some day, and he mad Split Rock..

If one has never been to Split Rock Lighthouse, one should make it a priority in their lifetime! It just doesn't get any better than there!
© 2024 Collector Forums