LighthouseKeepers.com

LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's

Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/24/09 03:43 PM

I know there's a bunch of us out there that don't collect LLOM's, but are die-hard regular LE size collectors. We are waiting for HL to release LE size versions of many of the LLOM only pieces.

I count 27, but there's a good chance I missed a few.

Here's my top 15 I would like to see released as a regular sized LE:

1- Tinicum Range - NJ
2- Finns Point - NJ
3- Five Fingers - AK
4- Wood Island - ME
5- Blackistone - MD
6- Huntington Harbor - NY
7- Point Cabrillo - CA
8- Watch Hill - RI
9- Point Lookout - MD
10- Delaware Breakwater - DE
11- Bailey's Harbor - WI
12- Matagorda - TX
13- Poe Reef - MI
14- Orient Point - NY
15- Isle Au Haut - ME (tie)
15- Sprint Point Ledge - ME (tie)
Posted By: ctlights

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/24/09 09:39 PM

Ditto, these would be great. I'd buy 5 out of the 15 for sure - Watch Hill, Orient Point, Huntington Harbor, Point Cabillo and Point Lookout.
Posted By: John Thomas

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/24/09 10:28 PM

The piece that I been really waiting for is Sand Hill, MI,
Posted By: rscroope

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/25/09 12:17 AM

We haven't seen any Long Island Lights in many years. Come on Harry, you were just here last May!

Huntington
Eaton Neck
Orient Pt
Plum
Posted By: Dave H

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/25/09 04:29 AM

Tecnically, they did count Bailey's Harbor as an LE. Without going and digging it out, I do believe it had an LE number. It was done as a special event piece for our collector driven regional event in 2004.
Posted By: JJ

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/25/09 04:35 AM

"They will carry the HL674 number indicating they are a 'Special Limited Edition'."

Here you go Dave.

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/25/09 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:
Tecnically, they did count Bailey's Harbor as an LE. Without going and digging it out, I do believe it had an LE number. It was done as a special event piece for our collector driven regional event in 2004.
I'm aware of the current version. I bought one off JJ. Still like to see a reg size LE made. Maybe a future Christmas edition would look great.
Posted By: CAVR

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/26/09 07:24 PM

I think you mean a "full" size replica instead of a LLOM scale version.

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/26/09 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CAVR:
I think you mean a "full" size replica instead of a LLOM scale version.
Wow !!! What size curio you would need to display full size replicas??? Earth??? wink laugh

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/27/09 02:37 AM

No remake of a light already made as an LE is the policy. The size the Bailey's piece was made was, IMO, very nice because it allowed them to have both the front and rear range included as part of the set at a very reasonable price. And, the fact that the pieces were designed to fit together was a first and only for HL while allowing the collector to know exactly how they were lined up relative to each other.

If you want a tradtional, larger LE of a light from Bailey's Harbor, the Old Bailey's Harbor would be a great one with its bird cage lantern room (but it has not been made - yet - as a LL).
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/28/09 02:55 AM

I agree with Dave. The Old Bailey's Harbor light would be nice since there aren't that many with bird cage lantern rooms. It could be shown in its nice day rather than the way it looks today.

Judy

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/28/09 10:07 PM

I consider the HL674 Bailey's Harbor a limited LLOM. Say's Little Light of Mine on the bottom. So a regular sized limited edition should still be done at some point.

And if it is considered a true LE, I don't know if I believe no more remakes of LE's, unless this is a new policy since last years "Sankaty on the Move" piece!
Posted By: seagirt

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/29/09 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Loon:
I consider the HL674 Bailey's Harbor a limited LLOM. Say's Little Light of Mine on the bottom. So a regular sized limited edition should still be done at some point.

And if it is considered a true LE, I don't know if I believe no more remakes of LE's, unless this is a new policy since last years "Sankaty on the Move" piece!
My Bailey's Harbor has nothing on it to suggest it's an LLOM-series piece.

The bottom of my pair reads (in an oval with curved type on top and bottom and straight type in the middle):

---

Door County Wisconsin Event

460/500 (hand-written) Bailey's Harbor
Front/Rear Range
HL 674

Distributed by Younger and Associates
Made in China (C) 2004

---

It also came in a regular, LE-type light-blue Portland Head box, with the logo and URL in red and the bottom-of-piece sticker stuck on the end, as is usual for an LE.

In my book, it's a 100% legitimate Limited Edition, which was just made in the LLOM scale because of the type of the piece.

And, IMHO, if Harbour Lights are going to be rereleasing any LEs, they'd be best off to choose some more famous ones that have a chance at wide-range sales, instead of a relatively-obscure pair of range lights.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/29/09 01:53 PM

I'm with you Greg. There is nothing to suggest they are a LLOM other then the physical size.

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 06/29/09 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Loon:

I dug mine out to take a look, and I am wrong. It does not say Little Light of Mine on the bottom, I apologize for posting incorrect info.

But, I'm still in the group that would love to see a regular sized LE version of this obscure, but very special lighthouse. A regular sized LE would show some amazing detail that is missed on the current LLOM sized version.

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 07/23/09 12:49 AM

Here's an updated list of all the LLOM's that aren't replicated as regular LE's:

1- Tinicum Range - NJ
2- Finns Point - NJ
3- Five Fingers - AK
4- Wood Island - ME
5- Blackistone - MD
6- Huntington Harbor - NY
7- Point Cabrillo - CA
8- Watch Hill - RI
9- Point Lookout - MD
10- Delaware Breakwater - DE
11- Matagorda - TX
12- Orient Point - NY
13- Isle Au Haut - ME
14- Sprint Point Ledge - ME
15- Sand Hill - MI
16- Craighill Lower Front - MD
17- Sand Point - MI
18- Point Aux Barnes - MI
19- Crisp Point - MI
20- New Point Comfort - VA
21- Charlevoix South - MI
22- Petit Manan - ME
23- Gary Harbor Breakwater - IN
24- DeTour Reef - MI

Thumbnails that are not LE's:

1- Poe Reef - MI
2- Grays Reef - MI
3- Craighill Upper Front - MD
4- Fourteen Foot Shoal - MI
Posted By: ginnyanne

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 08/15/09 03:33 PM

I vote for an LE of Point Lookout, Maryland

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 08/17/09 03:46 PM

An LE of Point Lookout has been a request for a long time. Lets hope for 2010!

Of course Wood Island, Five Fingers, Point Cabrillo, Watch Hill, Isle Au Haut, Huntington Harbor, and just about everything on my LLOM list is wished by somebody on the forums.

My number one is Tinicum Range!
Posted By: Bill Bowen

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 09/04/09 05:34 PM

Point Lookout, MD. A beautiful lighthouse with a good ghost history.
Posted By: wvlights0

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 09/18/09 06:23 PM

While you are waiting for a LE of Point Cabrillo, you can make your own.

https://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/buildings/cabrillo.html

They have other lighthouse models, but this one is beautiful. Especially if you pay attention to detail and print the lantern glass on glossy photo paper.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 09/18/09 08:14 PM

Thanks for the link, I may get the lighthouse set CD to have fun with the grand-daughters putting some of the lighthouses together..
Posted By: wvlights0

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 09/18/09 09:18 PM

Paul, I made a wooden frame (balsa wood) for inside the base, to keep everything square, did all cutting with an exacto blade, and I used paint to touch up cut edges. The more time you put into them, the better they look. Have fun!
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 09/18/09 09:34 PM

Thanks Laura
I just ordered the lighthouse set for my grand kids...it will make nice winter projects. They always want an art project going on, so this is perfect!...and besides, we just came back from climbing Sturgeon Bay Canal Station Light this past weekend and seeing 9 other lights, so they are pumped.
I bought them a folding table from Sam's Club....just their size and will be fixing a portion of the basement up for them.
Posted By: Phillygirl

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 12/30/10 05:27 AM

Okay, Newbie here, what's an "LE?"

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 12/30/10 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Phillygirl
Okay, Newbie here, what's an "LE?"

Phillygirl,
An "LE" is my abbreviation for the regular size Harbour Lights Limited Editions.

Glad you asked !!!
Posted By: Phillygirl

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 12/31/10 04:02 PM

Thanks, Now can you tell me what a "legacy" is. The more I browse here, the more I realize how much I don't know!

Presently working on a short article on the Old and New Cape Henry Lighthouses for Yahoo's Associated Content, and I think I'll do another one in January on three or four of NY lights on Lake Erie.

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 12/31/10 09:40 PM

Legacy is the newsletter of the Harbour Lights Collector's Society.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: LLOM's that need to be released as regular LE's - 01/02/11 04:34 PM

Cape Charles has not been made as a LLOM by Harbour Lights they have made an LE version of the lighthouse... It was released in June of 2005..

Attached picture HL324CC_550.jpg
© 2024 Collector Forums