LighthouseKeepers.com

White Island, NH

Posted By: foghornkeeper

White Island, NH - 10/14/99 06:54 PM

With the question about whether Whaleback is a NH or a ME light pretty much answered, as being in ME, that means that NH has no lighthouse by HL. I would like to see HL make White Island, NH. I think that it would make an attractive sculpture, especially with its unusual covered walkway. Does anyone have a photo of this Light, showing the walkway, that could be put on this forum?

foghornkeeper
Posted By: Lighthousedude

Re: White Island, NH - 10/14/99 07:24 PM

The Harbour Lights Internet Lighthouse Links provide pictures of White Island. http://216.46.163.98/links/new_links.shtml One the pix is by none other than our own Rod Watson at his fabulous web site. http://home.neo.rr.com/rodsphotogallery/Lighthouses/NewHampshire/HTML/WhiteIsland.html

I agree with the "Foghornkeeper" the State of New Hampshire should be represented. The whole island could be the sculpture.

To add the links

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 10-14-99).]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: White Island, NH - 10/14/99 11:21 PM

White Island Light-Isles Of Shoals NH c1908

"TheLightkeeper"
Posted By: KT

Re: White Island, NH - 10/15/99 12:33 AM

Sign me up for this one should it ever happen!

------------------
Ken T
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: White Island, NH - 10/15/99 02:04 AM

I Like It
Jim
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: White Island, NH - 10/15/99 04:52 AM

WOW! Would I like to see that one made. Harbor Lights would have there work cut out for them, but I'm sure they would do a nice light that everyone would want.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: White Island, NH - 10/15/99 01:48 PM

I agree on this one...let's hear it for HL producing White Island, New Hampshire! (Or is it "Cow Hampshire?")

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 10-15-99).]
Posted By: LamarB

Re: White Island, NH - 10/15/99 10:52 PM

I like this one lots, too. I agree - I'd like to see HL do it, the whole light station.
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: White Island, NH - 10/15/99 11:13 PM

Another "wow" from me - this is a beautiful light! I also agree that it would be best made as the whole station. Is there a chance that HL might do it?

Barb
Posted By: Lightseeker

Re: White Island, NH - 10/15/99 11:13 PM

I agree that the whole lightstation would make a great looking sculpture, especially with the elevated walkway. PLUS, it's within "visiting distance" so I'd have NO excuse to pass this one up.

Bruce
© 2024 Collector Forums