LighthouseKeepers.com

A Post Light

Posted By: Anonymous

A Post Light - 05/08/03 03:10 PM

I would like to see HL make a post light which were common on rivers. The Hudson River had many of theses which were attended by lamplighters.
It would be very interesting part of the Lighthouse Service to have to display.

It held a lantern which looked like this
Posted By: plebetkin

Re: A Post Light - 05/09/03 12:52 AM

it would certainly provide a different aspect of lighthouse interest. The question is would it have enough popularity to make it affordable for HL to produce? I don't think their balloon line took off (pardon the pun) like they thought it would.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: A Post Light - 05/09/03 03:08 AM

I agree would be interesting. Might appeal especially to those that collect the Fresnel lens. Also maybe a challenge to prevent shipping breakage, even with the foam inserts.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: A Post Light - 05/09/03 12:03 PM

If they ever decided to make it, I would hope it would not be a limited edition. They could make it as an open edition accesssory.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes:
Posted By: Ron

Re: A Post Light - 05/10/03 01:26 AM

Very Interesting,I never new they existed. Learn somthing new on the Forum.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: A Post Light - 05/12/03 05:21 PM

I have seen them before. Always wanted to ask about them and have wondered if they were considered lighthouses.
I think that these could be great as accessories like the Bob younger tree or the Boston figurines. Keep it small some where in the $12 to $15 range. Or Produce a batch of 5 or 7 for between $50 to $80 for a particular area. Like the Hudson river, or a inter- coastal water way.
cool
© 2024 Collector Forums