LighthouseKeepers.com

NH light needed in HL collection

Posted By: ladylightkeeper

NH light needed in HL collection - 10/31/00 08:52 AM

NH does not have any lighthouse in the HL collection. Whaleback is officially considered to be a Maine light.

Now that Alaska finally has representation, I think NH needs to be recognized by Harbour Lights. There aren't many to choose from: Portsmouth Harbor Light (the last lighthouse that Connie Small and her husband were in charge of. She worked hard promoting the Maine Lights program and concept of the Coast Guard selling/giving lights to non-profit groups to restore. It would be nice for HL to honor her with a model of this light. She will be age 100 this June).

And the lighthouse on the Isle of Shoals at White Island. This would be an unique model with its long covered walkway between house and tower.

Come on, New England Forum members, put your vote here to round out a regional collection by getting NH represented with a lighthouse miniature of either of the above.

Barbara

------------------
ladylightkeeper
Posted By: Bob M

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 10/31/00 12:40 PM

It certainly would be great to have Harbour Lights replicate a light from my neighboring state. A New Hampshire light would be a great seller for the dealers here in the Northeast who do best with New England lights.

Bob
Posted By: KT

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/01/00 12:23 AM

Yes, and the sooner the better!!!

------------------
Ken T
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/01/00 03:43 AM

I would love to see Connie Small honored in some way with a light from Harbour Lights. Does anyone else feel that way?

Barb
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/01/00 05:02 AM

I really like Isle of Shoals.

Suzanne
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/02/00 10:07 PM

I agree that a New Hampshire light is not only needed, but it would be a wonderful tribute to Connie Small.

MtnHkr
Posted By: Augie K.

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/09/00 06:17 PM

Yes, I agree. Portsmouth Harbour Light would be a welcomed addition to my collection. It would be a great tribute to Connie, her last light, and she now lives in Portsmouth, NH.

Augie

The Flame
Posted By: RFoster

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/11/00 11:33 AM

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=968985&a=9879630&p=32855964&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse at Fort Constitution in New Castle, NH

Having been born in NH, and a lover of lighthouses, I also feel that NH needs to be represented in the Harbour Lights Collection. With all of it's ties to the history of our country Portsmouth Harbor would make a great piece, especially if Harbour Lights were to include a small section of the wall of Fort Constitution (where it sits).

"Keeping The Flame in New England"
Ron
Posted By: Bob M

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/11/00 12:29 PM

Nice picture, Ron! I haven't seen that light before. It reminds me a little of Edgartown except for the surroundings.

A New Hampshire light is needed and I'm sure the New England dealers would really appreciate another area light. Regional lights are great sellers in this part of the country.

Bob
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/11/00 04:01 PM

Thanks for the photo Ron. It looks like a very pretty light. I'm not a New Englander, but I too would love to see a HL NH light.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/11/00 06:12 PM

First of all, I'm glad to see Whaleback recognized on this thread as a Maine light, as it properly is.

Second, y'all may get your wish in 2001. I'll say no more...yet.

Fort Constitution is where one of the first true acts of rebellion occurred towards the British---even before Lexington & Concord. The fort (then known as Fort William and Mary) was raided for its weapons and ammunition. Based on the historical significance of this point of land, the lighthouse deserves to be made.

Using their advanced metalwork technology, Harbour Lights should include the walkway to the light, as well as a section of the fort (a la Fort Jefferson).

Keep your eyes on The Rumor Mill...
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/11/00 10:59 PM

Nice photo, Ron! Thanks!

I too would like to see this made with a part of the fort.

Barb
Posted By: Rusty

Re: NH light needed in HL collection - 11/18/00 06:09 PM

Ron,

Thanks for the picture. As mentioned earlier by Bob it does remind you of a small Edgartown.

Rusty
© 2024 Collector Forums