LighthouseKeepers.com

2012 - Wishlist

Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

2012 - Wishlist - 12/27/11 10:52 PM

Funny thing is, my 2012 Harbour Lights wishlist isn't about certain replicas I've been wishing for for years.

It's about new replicas in general. Anything as long as there is new ones.

I could gripe about why they haven't done this one or that one. Nope... any will do!

I could gripe about the size of them. Nope... whatever size will do!

My wish is to have another year to have a wishlist.

Here's to wishes coming true! cheers
Posted By: rscroope

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 12/27/11 11:48 PM

Here's to wishes coming true!

I did notice your subliminal meassage, LOON!
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 12/28/11 12:05 AM

As much as I hope your wishes come true, I wouldn't bet the bank on it. Maybe if you're lucky, there might be 1 or 2 is what I figure.

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 12/28/11 12:56 AM

Bob, When I made the post I forgot my signature had my NJ wishlist. Funny !!!

Rich, 1 or 2 would be nice. Half dozen would be wonderful!!!

Here's to Christmas wishes !!!
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 12/28/11 12:39 PM

If HL was going to make any light at all it should be Jones Point. A centrally located lighthouse that collectors from both sides of the border (Mason Dixon Line) would want. It is the missing link to a complete collection of the mid Atlantic costal and the Sothern bell Lighthouses. It is already small so it will fit in the smaller scale design that HL have been using. Doesn’t need any expensive metal work like the skeleton lights, so the price can be kept down.

I know that HL has been staying away from it like a hot potato because that it is plain and afraid that it won’t sell because of that. I feel that Harry could take this challenge and make it a desirable collectable.
And its location will make it sell.
Jones Point Lighthouse

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 12/28/11 03:21 PM

I just wish we could have had it made instead of Wisconsin Point for our exclusive. I would venture to guess that we might not have as many of those left as we have left for the Wisconsin Point.
Posted By: John Thomas

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 12/29/11 01:32 AM

I wish that Sand Hill Lighthouse, MI would be made into a limited replica. I don't want the little light of mine size. I think that Sand Hill would make a nice xmas piece.
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 12/29/11 06:13 PM

Which Sand Hill, there are two in Michigan?
Posted By: John Thomas

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 12/31/11 12:44 AM

Sand Hills is in the U.P in Michigan. You might be thinking of Sand island in Wisconsin.
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 12/31/11 05:46 PM

i would take any new release, but I am afraid there won't be any.
Posted By: ginnyanne

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 01/01/12 02:10 AM

Jones Point would be a good choice. I am wishing for a LE of Point Lookout, Maryland. There is a Little Light, so the background work is done. There is so much history there. It was a major prisoner of war camp during the Civil War (aka: the War Between the States).

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 01/01/12 02:14 AM

This is about the time we used to hear about the coming years Winter releases. Sad if it's history !!!

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 01/24/12 05:34 PM

My offical 2012 wishlist:

1.. Miah Muall Shoal - NJ
2.. Squirrel Island - ME
3.. Bergen Point - NJ
4.. Lansing Shoal - MI
5.. Michigan Island (new) - WI
6.. Duluth Harbor South Breakwater- MN
7.. Jones Point - VA
8.. Bridgeport - CT
9.. Tinicum Front & Rear Range - NJ (Collector Society Set)
Posted By: MelJB

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 01/24/12 10:43 PM

Quote:
it was a major prisoner of war camp during the Civil War (aka: the War Between the States).

Down South known as the War of Northern Aggression! violin(this guy is playing Dixie!)
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 04/05/12 02:05 PM

Jones Point would be nice. Would also like Sombrero Key since it is the only Reef Lighthouse that has not been made and I would like it a little bigger than Sand Key since it is the tallest. (Hey it is a WISH LIST).
Posted By: atldmats

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 05/27/13 10:11 PM

Marblehead Light OH. Island in Lake Erie. Site of southern failed rescue of the

camp by boat.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 11/26/13 04:29 PM

I wish I would have bought more of the 2008 to 2011 Lighthouses when they were going for $35 to $45 a piece.
You just cant find them on eBay. And if you are real lucky you may find a dealer out there that is selling a few for retail.

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 11/26/13 08:00 PM

atldmats - Are you talking about the same Marblehead lighthouse located on Lake Erie that I think you are talking about. If this is the case they have brought that out as both a Limited Edition HL121 and an Open Edition HL 413.

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 11/27/13 06:47 PM

My wish is that Harry would consider producing 1-2 lighthouses a year for special occasions such as the 4th of July (patriotic piece) and Christmas (winter piece). Who cares what the pieces are as long as Harry produces them in the minimum quantity allowed. This would really make them exclusive.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 11/28/13 05:28 PM

Harry was planning on doing something like that but has hit a big snag.. The factory that has been doing all of the Harbour Lights since they switched to China has closed it's doors... Harry is trying to figure out another possibility..
Posted By: kory63

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 11/28/13 09:19 PM

With the hope that a manufacturer can be found I agree with Rich.
Rick
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: 2012 - Wishlist - 11/29/13 02:32 AM

I'd be interested in retailing them if it happened.
© 2024 Collector Forums