LighthouseKeepers.com

Can you identify this lighthouse?

Posted By: Anonymous

Can you identify this lighthouse? - 02/16/02 09:13 PM

The photo below is the lower lake freighter Alpena making port somewhere on Lake Michigan last fall. Obviously, I know where I shot this photo, but does the Wacko population?

If the wackos don't get it from this angle, I'll post another a little later as a further hint, but I suspect that won't be needed at all!

Gary
Posted By: 1of3trees@prodigy.net

Re: Can you identify this lighthouse? - 02/16/02 09:21 PM

Well, I'm not a Wacko -- yet, but in any case, since I was there when Gary took this, he already told me I'm disqualified from participating!!

------------------
Terry (Teresa) Forrest
Posted By: HarbourFan

Re: Can you identify this lighthouse? - 02/16/02 09:23 PM

Michigan City East Pierhead Light??!!

Re: Can you identify this lighthouse? - 02/16/02 09:34 PM

Sorry there HarbourFan... Very good guess! The Michigan City light does have a catwalk, but it's different than this one, although the light itself at the end of that pier is quite similar in design.

Gary
Posted By: HarbourFan

Re: Can you identify this lighthouse? - 02/16/02 09:57 PM

Ok I think I have it now...St. Joseph North Pier!

Re: Can you identify this lighthouse? - 02/16/02 10:13 PM

Way to go HarbourFan... A WINNER! Not sure what you win, but...

The other photo I was going to post as a clue around 5PM if it was needed, and my confidence that it wouldn't be was bourne out, was the following from up on the dunes just north of the St Joseph North Pier that shows both the inner and outer lights.

I'm sure this view would have been a dead giveaway!

Guess I'll have to come up with a tougher quiz photo for the next round of the lighthouse photography quiz!

Gary
© 2024 Collector Forums