LighthouseKeepers.com

Call for Ideas

Posted By: seagirt

Call for Ideas - 01/06/06 03:24 AM

As Cruise Director for the Games forum, I'm always trying to come up with new ideas for fun games to play here. However, I know that the general membership is full of great ideas that I would never think of as well. So, I want to put a general "call" out for contributions.

If you have an idea for a game, post it here. Some games do great; others tank. You can never really tell. Give it a shot. It may become the next "Timeline" or even "International Lighthouse Game" (which got to something like 30 installments before it ended, probably because it ran out of lighthouses).

So...have an idea? Post it here! smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/06/06 11:15 AM

How about a "can you name this lighthouse" game? Or is that too boring?
Posted By: sandy

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/06/06 06:32 PM

Like your idea Margret. Where possible, using photos taken by self would make it more interesting, i.e.:

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/06/06 07:57 PM

Hey good one.... shall we play on here or go to a new thread?
And shall I give away how I know that this beautiful picture is of the .... no I shan't tell yet ...
It is a great photograph and I like the idea of playing so you have to use your own pictures.

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/06/06 10:10 PM

That one sounds really great! It's also a good way to help with visual recognition of lighthouses by sight...kind of like flashcards! smile
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/06/06 10:16 PM

Do we have to post pictures in order to participate? I know that one, too, Sandy. Beautiful colors. I think it would be fun to do this even if we can't participate. We can see your pictures and do our own guessing.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/06/06 10:38 PM

If you are going to use images, you need to change the name of the image before you post to have people guess... It is pretty easy to view image and read...

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/uploads/files/ducks2076@hotmail.com/AMERICANSHOAL.jpg

Lets see maybe that's American Shoal?

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/06/06 11:51 PM

Well--duhh!!

Try this one. . . .

BTW, Margret emailed me that she found out by right-clicking on picture (who'd a thunk it would be that easy!!), but I don't know how Paul got the whole string. Said it before--we have a number of super sleuths here. wink wink wink

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/07/06 12:32 AM

Paul of course is a SAINT ... so he can do all sorts of things behind the scenes.
And I just got a SURPRISE ... :p
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/07/06 01:36 AM

I borrowed this image from Lightseeker's 2004 trip to Key West..

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/07/06 02:28 AM

So, Greg, do we have rules or guidelines yet? And are you starting a new thread or is this it?
Posted By: mombo

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/07/06 04:40 AM

Greg some time ago we did a lighthouse scramble or some such thing. I think I started it and limited it to lights that HL had produced. Since we've got some new folks since then perhaps we could try that one again? And not limit it to HL lighthouses. But I think I'd have the poster at least identify the country. Whoever unscrambles the scrambled lighthouse has to post the next one.

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/07/06 04:57 AM

Grace - let me think on rules and such overnight. Will try to get something tommorrow - and I'm tacking a posty note to my computer screen as soon as I log off, so I'll hopefully remember. smile

If you could, hold off on posting any more lights in the "idenifying" game (need to think up a fun name, too), until it gets its own thread tommorrow.

Mombo - I like that idea. I'll think on that one, too. (Adds to posty note...)

BTW...I WOULD like to keep it at about 3-4 games running at once, plus stuff like the Timeline games. So, if you want, you can also email me your idea with the link at the top of this post, and I'll create a bit of a "database" that I can pull from when things get slow around here. smile

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/07/06 05:32 AM

Ooh this is gonna' be fun!! Margret got both of mine superfast--congrats.

Her "I borrowed this image from Lightseeker's 2004 trip to Key West.." picture is gorgeous.

My "clue" was going to be "Unlock sunset."

Looking forward to the next post. . . .

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/07/06 07:36 AM

Are you referring to Paul's post, Sandy? That's the view from the balcony of Hemingway's house, I believe. I have a similar shot which I took from there.

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/07/06 08:36 AM

My last posting was a test and Grace passed!!

(Picture was so pretty I missed Paul's avatar and gave credit to Margret. Sorry, Paul-- shocked frown )

Sandy

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/14/06 06:42 PM

What happened to the game's rules? Has our moderator left town??

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/14/06 09:08 PM

should we make them up as we go along?
Any ideas Sandy?

I am itching to play ... but ....

smile

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/14/06 10:20 PM

Margret,

Not wishing to step on anyone's toes, I'm going to send an email to Greg--he posted something in one of the threads this morning, so he's not out of town. Let's hope the next post will be his.

Sandy

Re: Call for Ideas - 01/15/06 02:27 AM

So sorry....it's midterm time, so I get pretty bogged down until about the end of the month. I may be posting a little less as exams come closer, because I have a LOT of studying to do!

I've written the rules. I just have to get the photo ready after dinner, and Ident-A-Light will begin! smile
© 2024 Collector Forums