LighthouseKeepers.com

On-line Lighthouse Quiz

Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/28/09 02:54 PM

Found this quiz which was posted by WRAL-TV in Raleigh, NC. Relatively easy for most of us. Did find an error which I e-mailed off to them, as they don't even list the correct state in their multiple choice answers for which is the one with the most lighthouses! (Their answer, by the way, is Maine).
http://www.wral.com/entertainment/quizzes/quiz/4414295/?show_quiz=1
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/28/09 04:16 PM

Good quiz, with the exception of leaving out Michigan.

I would have scored 100%, except Blackbeard got me.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/28/09 11:23 PM

I missed Cape Disappointment.

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/28/09 11:45 PM

Got an e-mail back from WRAL saying they forwarded my note to the company who creates the quiz for them. Received another later on from the "quiz master" saying he checked on my claim and found that I was right, (perhaps my credentials may have told him something was remiss(?)). He chatted a little and I could obviously tell he knew absolutely nothing about lighthouses, (that answer that gave a choice as Lime Kiln, Rhode Island was another tip-off, as well), except that he grew up near Point Bolivar Lighthouse. Claims also that he fixed the quiz, but looks the same to me!
Eric, I missed Cape Disappointment as well, going to have to check on that one......
Posted By: Mystery Guest

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/29/09 10:09 AM

A Denver station had the same quiz with Michigan listed correctly as a choice for the state with the most lights. Roland, did you misread the one about highest above sea level as both quizzes listed Lime Rock RI (a/k/a Ida Lewis) as a choice and not Lime Kiln WA. unless WRAL corrected it later. Lastly, Cape Disappointment is definitely the oldest LH in the Pacific northwest.

Got all of them using Maine as the state with the most lights of the choices given, but of course the correct answer should have been Michigan for the question asked.

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/29/09 02:03 PM

Looking over the quiz again I did misread Lime Rock. Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry! frustrated
Posted By: AZpharologist

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/29/09 08:08 PM

Question 5 Believe true answer should be Michigan has more lighthouses than any other. Maine is correct for those choices given. wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/30/09 04:38 PM

YEAH,YOUR RIGHT AZ. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE QUESTIONS WE FORMER TEACHERS LOVE TO THROW IN THE MIX. YOU KNOW WHAT THE ANSWER SHOULD BE, BUT WHAT YOU READ OR WERE TOLD JUST ISN'T THERE. IF YOU DID GET THE CORRECT ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION, YOU ARE A FORWARD THINKER. IF YOU DIDN'T, UP TO THE DESK TO ASK WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THIS? IT'S LIKE THE QUESTION," HOW MUCH DIRT IS IN A HOLE 4 FEET WIDE AND 3 FEET DEEP?" I'D THROW THESE IN FOR EXTRA CREDIT. DROVE THE LITTLE "BUGGERS" NUTSO.

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/31/09 03:11 AM

Now that would depend on if we're talking Cape Cod beach sand or Georgia clay! wink
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/31/09 06:51 AM

Roland

Dosn't matter where the hole is... there is no dirt IN a hole! LOL biglaugh

Re: On-line Lighthouse Quiz - 01/31/09 02:42 PM

I beg to differ, ever try digging a hole in Cape Cod sand? bash
© 2024 Collector Forums