LighthouseKeepers.com

Regional Buttons for preservation

Posted By: Dave H

Regional Buttons for preservation - 06/29/07 04:14 AM

Over the years people have often asked if someone going to a regional event would send them one of the regional buttons. Many of the people requesting buttons also offered to make a contribution to a lighthouse in exchange for the button.

Well, we are going to try this on a (hopefully) more organized scale. If you are one of those who want regional and other buttons for your collection here is how you can obtain them:

I have the remaining Indianapolis regional buttons, as well as those from last year's Portsmouth regional. I also have the last few of the Mackinaw buttons from last year and the trade show buttons that were used earlier this spring.

For a donation of $5 per button plus postage I will send to you the button(s) of your choice. Add $1 for postage and the cost of a padded envelope for 1 or 2 buttons, $2 for more. The $5 per button will be distributed as follows:

* Indianapolis buttons: Old Michigan City Light
* Mackinaw buttons: Icebreaker Mackinaw Maritime Museum
* Trade Show & Portsmouth buttons: New Canal Light, the current wacko badge fund recipient.

Before implementing this concept I discussed it with a number of collectors, all of whom were in agreement with the process. (And, these were collectors who were not at the regional but would be looking for a button.) This process will allow collectors to continue to make a difference to the groups that will receive funds. I don't expect we will take in lots of funds from this, but rest assured that every dollar helps and is appreciated by the receiving groups.

Checks can be sent to me at PO Box 5, Kokomo IN 46903-0005.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 06/29/07 04:44 AM

I think this is a great idea, and will be putting a check in the mail tomorrow!

I assume you will be doing the same for the Door County Regional buttons?

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 06/29/07 05:38 AM

You bet. And I'll bet you can figure out which light will benefit from your donations...
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 06/29/07 09:31 AM

What a great idea! I always think it is a shame that I can't attend those events and "do my bit". This way I could at least occasionally do something!

Thank you Dave for doing this! bow

Do you take PayPal? Can't really send you a cheque. That would be too expensive for us both (fees fees fees...) Happy to pay any PayPal fees though!
Posted By: mghusge

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 06/29/07 11:02 PM

Dave, Thanks. This is a great idea. The check is in the mail.
Mike
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 06/30/07 02:07 AM

Dave, my check will be in the mail.
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 06/30/07 02:45 AM

I'll get my check in the mail tomorrow. cool
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 07/03/07 04:46 PM

Dave,
Great use for the left-over buttons. I will be mailing a check today.

Randy
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 07/03/07 07:50 PM

Dave,

You can look for my check.

bobo

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 07/08/07 02:08 AM

A nice response so far. Thanks to all those who have asked for buttons. You are all helping to kick in a few extra dollars to various lighthouse projects. Any fence sitters out there that think they want one of the Mackinaw buttons from June 2006 need to let me know now as there are only 3 left.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 07/08/07 02:09 PM

Great Idea Dave.
I will take two of each if they are available.
This will help me catch up with my button collection.

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 07/10/07 05:39 AM

That leaves ONE Mackinaw button available. . . .
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 07/11/07 04:53 PM

Thanks Dave !!!

I got my mine in today's mail. I ordered one of each. cool

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 07/12/07 04:23 AM

Thanks to all who have participated. The last Mackinaw button is gone. Several have even "pre-ordered" buttons from the Door County regional. That works because I will just add those funds into the others we raise during the regional and leave them with the Pottawatomie folks. I will try to remember to ask Bill to auograph the buttons for those who have pre-ordered them, if you would like.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Regional Buttons for preservation - 07/13/07 05:05 AM

Yes please on the signed by Bill!
© 2024 Collector Forums