LighthouseKeepers.com

The New Anclote Key

Posted By: RMau

The New Anclote Key - 09/15/03 10:46 PM

Anclote Key, off the coast of Florida near Tarpon Springs, was relit as an active light this past Saturday. Here's a photo of the restored tower, from a visit to the Key on Saturday afternoon. It was also announced during the day that Anclote Key is no longer on the Lighthouse Digest Doomsday List.

And a picture of the new Keeper. The keeper's quarters are scheduled for completion in December, 2003.

Rick
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/16/03 12:19 AM

Looks good, Rick! Great picture!
Posted By: Bob M

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/16/03 01:18 AM

Thanks for the pic, Rick! Glad to see you visited the CF.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Shirin

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/16/03 12:37 PM

Thanks for the pictures. Glad to hear the great news!
Posted By: mombo

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/17/03 02:10 AM

Thanks for the photos Rick! Looks like Connie will have some two-legged company! Will she have to mix cement too??? wink
Posted By: RFoster

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/18/03 12:18 PM

Rick - Thanks for sharing these photos which show a wonderfully restored lighthouse. Last time we visited it there was rust and holes. Great job by all the lighthouse lovers who contributed to this restoration. MJ and I were planning to attend the relighting but just could not make it so these images are a treat. Congratulations Anclote Key!!!

Ron
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/18/03 12:47 PM

Rick,

Thanks for sharing the photos. Nice to hear that another light has been removed from the doomsday list.

Bert smile
Posted By: seagirt

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/21/03 12:10 AM

Great photos! laugh
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/21/03 12:39 AM

I'm sure alot of you never saw Anclote Keys, and the state it was in pre-restoration. So here is a couple of pictures taken from the doorway looking in and showing the same areas (more or less) both pre- and post restoration.

Before

After
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/21/03 01:43 AM

Thanks Eric, smile for showing the before and after!

Judy
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/23/03 05:01 AM

There will be four (4) benches around the light
all in Memory of our own O"SEA BEE they are being
buildt as I send this.Two(2) from the Fourm Wacos
and two (2) from the Tampa Bay Harbour Lights
Collecors Club or TBHLCC as we like to say.
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/23/03 09:24 AM

Eric, your pictures sure show how much work has been done there. That is just great about the benches for "Oseabee"...Sure do miss his posts here.
Ruthie smile
Posted By: Shirin

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/23/03 12:45 PM

Thanks for the before and after shots Eric. Makes you appreciate the after more when you can see where things were when the project was started.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/23/03 09:36 PM

Thanks for the photos. Amazing the transformation from before to after. A wonderful commentary on whats being done, but a sad one on what years of neglact have done to these beautiful sentinels.

Bert smile
Posted By: buster

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/24/03 05:43 AM

Thanks for the good news and photos smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/24/03 06:22 PM

Looks like International Chimney did a wonderful job getting the light back into great shape! Thanks for sharing the pictures Rick & Eric. We also need to thank all the folks in the Tampa Bay Harbour Lights Collectors Club, who adopted this light and have done much of the prep / clean-up work around the light. Great job All!

Dave
Posted By: pierhead

Re: The New Anclote Key - 09/25/03 01:35 AM

Wow! The stairs look great. I looked into Anclote last year before my wife and I went to Florida. The pictures on the web were pretty disturbing. It's wonderful to see the results of TBHLCC's hard work.
© 2024 Collector Forums