LighthouseKeepers.com

WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!!

Posted By: LamarB

WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/19/03 10:18 PM

A scan of the manufacturer's sample is pictured above. IMHO it's the best looking one we've had yet. Please watch this space for ordering information.

What do y'all think?
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/19/03 11:22 PM

Looks Fantastic, Lamar. Congrats to the team.
Posted By: Ron

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/19/03 11:40 PM

Looks great Lamar nice job.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/20/03 12:08 AM

WANT ONE!!

Appreciate all of the work that goes into this project!

Hats off to all! wink
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/20/03 12:55 AM

AWESOME!!!!! laugh
It's great!!! Count me in!!
Posted By: Shirin

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/20/03 01:21 AM

Looks great! I can't wait to add it to my collection.
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/20/03 02:11 AM

LOVE IT!!! cool I agree, it looks like the best one yet.
Ruthie smile
Posted By: Gebby

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/20/03 02:54 AM

I gotta have it! Looks great.
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/20/03 05:13 AM

Yup she looks like a real keeper!!!
Posted By: ladylightkeeper

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/20/03 05:34 AM

WACKO PIN RAISING MONEY FOR BODIE ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE:

It's that time of year again: to hold your checkbook next to your heart and back up your love of lighthouses with a generous donation to benefit Bodie Lighthouse in N.C. What will you get in return? One or more beautiful collectible Wacko pins (see photo at beginning of this thread), depending on how many you elect to purchase; and that glow of inner satisfaction that YOU have helped save a lighthouse.

I have read over your comments here and agree that this year's pin is really outstanding, thanks to Paul Brady's photo of the Harbour Lights sculpture, and the talented computer work of our volunteer graphic designer. I especially like the cut-out tower, our signature design feature on each pin, which shows off this lighthouse to its best advantage.

I also just reviewed the Wacko pin thread from last year within the Forum's archives, using the Search feature here, and was excited all over again at your positive comments about looking forward to this 2003 pin and striving to raise even more money than last year. Did you really mean that? Are you willing to go gunho here to make that statement a reality? (We raised $2400 last year!!) Because Bodie sure needs all the money-help that we Wackos and any other lighthouse enthusiasts can raise with this pin. Let's go for it!

How can YOU help this effort? Of course, the simple answer is by ordering one or more pins. They do make nice gifts for family and friends who are also interested in lighthouses.

If you are a member of an HL Collector Club, a lighthouse enthusiasts' club, a larger lighthouse association, you can help us by e-mailing this thread to the leader of that group and any members who have e-mail. It would also be nice if you could bring xerox copies
of this thread and of the order form to pass out at any meeting that will be held before our ordering deadline, and snail mail to friends who have no e-mail. The more lighthouse fans we can reach through your help, the more money we can raise.

Wearing previous Wacko pins to such meetings will give others an idea of the beauty of these pins and help spread the word about Wackos in general and the good deeds we do for lighthouses. And do tell them how to find the Collector Forums on their computers. Remember, though this is called a Wacko pin, ANYONE who loves lighthouses may purchase it, in any quantity, to help raise funds for Bodie Island Lighthouse.

I know that there are many new Forum members out here who have joined since last year's Southeast Block Island Wacko pin was sold. For their benefit, this explanation will clarify what this committee does and how it welcomes their participation this year. Last spring, Forum members nominated needy lighthouses, which had to meet certain non-profit criteria and which had to have already been sculpted by Harbour Lights (as Kim Andrews of HL generously gives us permission to use their product images on our pins). Then members voted to determine one winning lighthouse which met the criteria and which would receive the proceeds, after expenses, of the sale of the Wacko pin. This year Bodie Island Lighthouse was the winner.

Past winners and the amounts they received from us from pin sales have been: Morris Island, SC $1210. St. George Reef, CA $1375. SE Block Island $2400.

In addition to this, additional money was raised by Wackos who purchased the name badges made and sold by Dave Hannum and John Chidester.

HAVE YOU BOUGHT YOUR NAME BADGE YET THIS YEAR, WHICH SPORTS A GORGEOUS WINTER PHOTO OF BODIE LIGHT? Our pin and this name badge complement each other and both raise funds for Bodie. Wear your Wacko pin(s) on the lanyard that holds the name badge. See John's click-on ordering address at the end of his posts.

This year's Wacko pin will again cost $15. Our manufacturing costs have gone up, but we wanted to hold our price the same. If you order multiple pins, it will be a big help. Remember-- one pin to wear and one pin to display next to your Bodie Lighthouse statue.

Darlene will follow up this message very shortly with her own post, giving your more details on how to order the pin. So please put this thread on your watch list and check here every few days. You wouldn't want to miss out on ordering, as we WILL have an April deadline. It is heartbreaking to have Forum members and others write to us after this deadline is past and for us to say that there is no way they can order a pin. We only put in an order to the manufacturer for the number of pins which you have ordered and paid for. As volunteers, we cannot afford to order a large inventory to keep in stock for possible future sales. That is why this is such a collectible pin -- it is a one-time offer. It will not be made again. And no, there are no pins to sell from previous years --sorry. So order EARLY and get your confirmation from Darlene. You can also ask to be put on her automatic notification e-mailing list for pin updates.

The Wacko Pin Committee thanks you for your kind words, and in advance for your enthusiastic support of this project through your generous pin purchases.

Helping to Keep the Flame:

Barbara Hupp (Ladylightkeeper), Lamar Bevil, Darlene Cook (Ladybug), and Henry Hupp.

HELP SAVE A LIGHT --- BUY A PIN
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/20/03 07:22 PM

I have to agree it's the best one yet!

Great job to all involved! Must get two!!!
Posted By: LightHog_dup1

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/21/03 01:31 PM

I agree, the new pin looks great. Count us in for two.
AK & Roger
Posted By: JoanieO

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/22/03 04:27 AM

I agree! The 2003 pin is a winner. I want at least two, maybe three.

JoanieO smile
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/23/03 03:11 AM

Is a PayPal site already set up to buy the pins? Great job on the pins.
Posted By: wheland

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/23/03 06:42 AM

The previous pins I had with me at the signing today got raves from those I showed them to and explained their purpose. (Morris Island and Southeast Block)

I also told them about the Forums and they said they would check them out tomorrow.

You can count on me to get more of this year's version.

Dennis
Posted By: jakescol

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/26/03 02:26 AM

I'll have one of the new pins. It will go along with the rest of them that I already have.

Jakescol
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: WACKO PIN FUNDRAISER ALERT!! - 03/26/03 07:23 AM

To order the 2003 Wacko Pin go to our new website at: http://home.earthlink.net/~wackopin/
© 2024 Collector Forums