LighthouseKeepers.com

WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights

Posted By: rscroope

WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 08/21/02 03:13 PM

Long Island Chapter of US Lighthouse Society
ANNOUNCES
September 21, 2002 Beacons of the Night
Raffle for Preservation of Long Island Lighthouses

Grand Prize – Enjoy a private Long Island Lighthouse Cruise(fishing) for 6 aboard the Coyote of Orient Point. Your Captain Jim House will guide you on a 4-hour trip with 5 of your closest friends to visit Orient Point, Plum Island, Race Rock, North Dumpling, Latimer Reef, and Little Gull lighthouses. The cruise will be available to be taken at a mutual agreeable time. (9/22/2002 – 9/21/2003).

The COYOTE is a 31' JC Casco Bay custom boat renowned for its smooth ride and seaworthiness.

First Prize -Eddystone, England, Harbour Lights 10 Year Anniversary, Timed 2001 piece Retired 12/31/2001
Second Prize – Cape St. George, Florida, Timed 2001 piece Retired 12/31/2001
Third Prize - Faulkner’s Island, Connecticut, 1998 Piece (thank you Rick Mau)
Fourth Prize – Bob Younger Tree

Funds raised will be used to help preserve Long Island Lighthouse Raffles tickets are $2 each and 6@$10. Harbour Lights and members have donated all the prizes. Mail me at Bob Scroope, 7 East Gate Drive, Mount Sinai, NY 11766 for your opportunities.
OR
Online with PayPal: http://www.lilighthousesociety.org/raffles/rafflepaymentoptions.htm
Thanks!

NAME: ____________________________________
ADDRESS: _________________________________
Posted By: wheland

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 08/21/02 03:32 PM

Hey Bob what's the Grand Prize in this raffle.

I can't quite make it out in your post.

Paypal to follow.

Dennis

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 08/21/02 04:43 PM

Image is fixed Dennis, thanks for your generous purchase already! Good Luck!
Posted By: wheland

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 08/21/02 06:15 PM

Bob,

The picture looks better, but there are two other things.

1. now it makes you scroll to the right or left to see it all.

2. I wasn't even referring to the picture. I was referring to the fact that the Grand Prize is mentioned three seperate times in your initial post.

I guess I should have made my comment 3 times. laugh

Dennis

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 08/27/02 02:36 PM

Wouldn't this make a unique trip for a group of 6 Wackos?

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/05/02 03:48 PM

Only two weeks left for this unique Grand Prize!
Cedar Island Lighthouse needs your help for the replacement of the damaged entry door and the removal of the enviromental hazards in the lighthouse structure as a first step towards restoration.
thanks to all who are participating and those who will,
Bob
Posted By: RFoster

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/07/02 02:45 AM

Bob, I just printed out the information sheet and MJ will be sending a check to you this weekend.

Good luck with raising the much needed money to help restore this jewel (in the rough at the moment).

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/12/02 04:18 PM

8 days left, don't miss this one!
Posted By: lhlover

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/12/02 07:32 PM

Hello! My husband and I have planned to visit New York early next year - I have quite a bit of family that still lives up there. Is anyone allowed to enter the raffle or do you have to be with a certain association? I would love the win a trip like that. :p Please let me know - I already have a PayPal account and everything.

Thanks
BonnieJean
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/12/02 07:40 PM

The check's in the mail, at least it will be when I get home tonight... I could use a trip back at Long Island, since I now have this really nice Long Island lighthouse map!
Posted By: DMancini

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/13/02 02:13 PM

Bonnie,

The raffle is open to anyone! Just use the link that Bob provided in his message.

Good luck!

And thanks to everyone who is supporting this raffle! I wish I was eligible to win the grand prize. frown smile
Posted By: lhlover

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/13/02 03:57 PM

Bob, I sent the raffle ticket payment via PayPal, please be on the lookout for it! I will have to get with you when Kenny & I finally decide on a date to visit Long Island. Is there any special time that you would suggest? Maybe around a special Lighthouse event or something. Just try to make sure it's not snowing around that time. Remember I'm from Florida - we only have two seasons here - Drought Season and Monsoon Season. laugh

BonnieJean

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/14/02 04:11 PM

6 Days left! Still time to enter and win.

Thanks Randall, Ruthie, Dennis, Ron, Paul, and BonnieJean. Your tickets are in the mail and I'll be watching your numbers for you.
Good Luck to all our Forum Particiants,
Bob

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/16/02 01:36 PM

4 days left!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/17/02 12:44 AM

Bob, did you get my PayPal ticket order? Hadn't heard from ya

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/17/02 02:05 PM

Hi Mark, emailed you this am.
Bob

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/17/02 02:59 PM

Thanks to Mark, Melody, Carol and Donna! Your tickets are in the mail this afternoon and I'll be watching your numbers for you.
Good Luck to all our Forum Particiants,
Bob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/18/02 02:49 AM

Thanks Bob
Posted By: MelJB

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/21/02 05:55 AM

Bob, received my tickets in the mail today.
Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

MelJB smile
Posted By: eskilady

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/23/02 11:17 PM

Guess I didn't win as I haven't heard anything. frown Oh, well, it was for a good cause! Hope the winners appreciates their prize.

Eskilady

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/24/02 02:34 PM

Here are the results of the Beacons Raffle:

Grand prize (cruise aboard the Coyote): Diana Shey, Holtsville, NY
1st prize (Eddystone): Victor Quartuccio, East Patchogue, NY
2nd prize (Cape St George): Randall Ronne, Parker, Co
3rd prize (Faulkner's Island): Barbara Betkowski, Glen Cove, NY
4th prize (Bob Younger Tree): Melody Barnhart, Franktown, Co
5th prize (2001 pin set): Ira Burns, Westhampton, NY
6th prize (Beacons sweatshirt): Gerry Parsons, Oakdale, NY
7th prize (Cedar Island hat): Ron Martin, Farmingdale, NY
8th prize (LI Chapter logo t-shirt): Brian Keena
9th prize (Cedar Island pin): Kathy Flohr, Coram, NY
10th prize (Shinnecock pin): Christine Stinchi, Easthampton, NY
11th prize (Plum Island pin): Dan Shey, Coram, NY
12th prize (1911 Instructions to Lightkeepers): Victoria Brandt, Sayville

And, Capt Brennan donated a free fishing trip aboard the Peconic Star II, which was won by Michelle Delong, Baltimore, MD.

Thanks to all the participants who made this a successful raffle for Cedar Island Lighthouse to help replace the damaged entry door and the removal of the enviromental hazards in the lighthouse structure as a first step towards restoration.
thank you,
The Long Island Chapter of the US Lighthouse Society
Posted By: eskilady

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 09/24/02 10:54 PM

Congrats to all the winners!!! I'm sorry to say that I wasn't one of them. frown

Eskilady

Re: WINNERS! Sept 21 Raffle for PRIVATE LI Lighthouse Cruise and Harbour Lights - 10/03/02 05:12 PM

Forum Winners,
Your prizes are on their way priority mail this AM. Sorry for the delay, very busy.
Bob
© 2024 Collector Forums