LighthouseKeepers.com

Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas!

Posted By: Weasel58

Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/06/05 04:20 AM

The Florida Lighthouse Associtation is inviting you to join use on our Fundraising cruise to the Bahamas, departing Cape Canaveral on January 26, 2006. For more information vist the FLA's website at http://www.floridalighthouses.org/ Click on meetings and then on trips.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/06/05 01:58 PM

NOTE deadline for reservations and deposits September 15th.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/06/05 04:36 PM

Having had to dig around the site to find the info, maybe this link will take you directly to the cruise page.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/06/05 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:
Having had to dig around the site to find the info, maybe this link will take you directly to the cruise page.
Nope. you may know how to throw a great Reunion but as a link master you stink. :p

Dennis
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/07/05 12:58 AM

The FLA website is configured to not allow you to link to specifc pages - a major flaw IMO. The link I posted is the actual page, and did work, but somehow they always force you to their main page. For a web site with a lot of info, this keeps people from sharing a specific page with others so they probably are not referenced as often as they should be.

Re: Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/07/05 01:42 AM

Dave,

I agree with you. The setup is not conducive to sharing- maybe that's why they set it up that way.

Dennis
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/07/05 03:26 AM

It's not one of my favorite features of the site either.
Posted By: Kat

Re: Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/07/05 03:58 AM

This looks like a very fun trip but unfortunately we won't be able to make the cruise. Sure wish I had the time off work ...I would love to see the light at Freeport. Hope this is a successful money making adventure for the Florida Lighthouse Assoc.
Posted By: RMau

Re: Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/07/05 04:34 PM

I have encountered many links over the years that don't take you directly to the place you expect when you click. Instead, they take you to a 'front door' where you have to make subsequent selections to get to the place you were headed.

Some of these are clearly done just to expose visitors to some sort of pitch to purchase something. Some are done to attempt to 'register' you at the site (after which you might get direct access to the content). Some are for security reasons, forcing visitors down a single entry to the site so that traffic can be better monitored for malicious intent. Some are done to protect the intellectual property that the site contains. And there are probably many other reasons.

I don't think that FLA is attempting to be inhospitable to it's visitors. I think that they are doing at least some of the above with the architecture of their web site. I know that it has been shut down by hackers at least once before and it was costly to improve the security of the site. That was money spent that could have gone to support a lighthouse restoration project instead. I'm sure that they don't want to have to do that again if they can avoid it.

Rick

Re: Florida Lighthous Association is Planning a Fundraising Cruise to the Bahamas! - 09/07/05 07:01 PM

Rick,

I was trying to be humourous. I should ahve put the smiley face there, though.

Dennis
© 2024 Collector Forums