LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouse Quilt Raffle

Posted By: WLA

Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/27/06 07:35 PM

Washington Lightkeepers Association has a lovely handmade quilt featuring twelve Washington lighthouses. It's being raffled to raise money for the first annual Great Lighthouse Hunt in Washington this August. Tickets are an affordable $1 each; the drawing will be held in Ocotber on the 150th birthday of Cape Disappointment Lighthouse. Go to www.walightkeepers.com for more information on the quilt and the Great Lighthouse Hunt. Raffle money will be used to print to souvenir maps for the hunt. Thanks!
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/28/06 02:07 AM

The quilt is just beautiful. As soon as I can, I intend to buy a bunch of tickets. I have the perfect place for it!
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/28/06 11:43 AM

FYI -mail your check to

Washington Lightkeepers Association

P.O. Box 984

Seabeck, WA 98380

Give them your name and address and phone/email. They will send you ticket stubs.

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/29/06 02:39 AM

Eric, do I suspect correctly that you are going to try to win this quilt away from me?!!! I have a spare room which my kids use when they visit. I did it all in a beautiful sea/sky blue with white trim. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to finish it, but I intend to use a nautical theme and this quilt is perfect to hang on one of the walls. May the better "man" win! laugh
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/29/06 03:22 AM

Grace, I never thought of winning it away from you, but I guess if I did win, you won't. eek Chances are very good someone other than me will win, maybe that someone will be you. smile
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/29/06 03:27 AM

I can't get to the site! I wanted to see what it looked like before I decided whether to buy tickets (and I want to see what this Hunt thing's about), and it's not coming up. confused

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/29/06 03:28 AM

Well, I am going to send some very positive vibes out Washington way, but I have never won much of anything - too many other folks buying chances, but that's good for the WLA!! smile smile

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/29/06 03:29 AM

Greg, I'm not into quilts but I really liked this one. Hope you get to see it; it's pretty unique.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/29/06 05:15 AM

Now it works. Wow, that is nice! smile

Now, what do you do with quilts? Do you hang them on the wall, or can you use them as a blanket (though I wouldn't want to sleep with that). I have no idea. I want to get a couch for my room, though (no place comfortable to read in the house), and it could probably look nice draped over that.

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 03/29/06 06:23 AM

You can use them any of the three ways you mentioned, Greg. I would want to hang this one up, so all the lighthouses would show up. Hmmmm, maybe I can buy a few chances now, then some more later, then some more.... October is a long way away. cool

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 04/23/06 01:26 AM

Bringing this back up; this is a beautiful quilt. I am buying some chances now and will buy later again. I would love to win it but I hope lots of you will buy chances, too.
Posted By: HCS

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 04/23/06 04:14 AM

The quilt is beautiful.
I will certainly buy some raffle tickets.
HCS
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 04/23/06 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace:
Hmmmm, maybe I can buy a few chances now, then some more later, then some more.... October is a long way away. cool
Now your thinking Grace. Good luck. laugh

smile cool
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 04/23/06 09:20 PM

Oops,I'm in trouble...Good luck to you to Hilari. laugh

To be safe - Good luck to all laugh laugh \

smile cool

smile cool
Posted By: HCS

Re: Lighthouse Quilt Raffle - 04/23/06 11:08 PM

Thanks Tom!
May the best woman win!