LighthouseKeepers.com

L/S Nantucket for sale?

Posted By: Dave H

L/S Nantucket for sale? - 12/12/06 03:13 AM

I received a tip that the L/S Nantucket (the one owned by the ever plagued National Lighthouse Museum) might be up for sale. At the bargain price of a measly buck, no less. This Boston Globe article suggests that the ship might be sold if someone can find the way to restore it.

Here\'s an interesting thought on the possibility, suggesting that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts should buy it.

And, here is a post looking for volunteers to help restore the lightship.

Now, if everyone on the forums would just kick in a grand we could have our own lightship and be able to work on restoration. I can see it now: a beautifully restored lightship with the word "WACKO" in large letter down the side....
Posted By: Lightshipfan

Re: L/S Nantucket for sale? - 12/12/06 10:17 AM

Count us in Dave! What a wonderful idea - I would love to support the WACKO projekt.
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: L/S Nantucket for sale? - 12/12/06 11:52 AM

It really is a no brainer... BUT...
Well I can't afford a grand! But what ever I can do, like "makeing a noise" about it... just let me know!
Posted By: seagirt

Re: L/S Nantucket for sale? - 12/13/06 12:40 AM

That'd be pretty cool...Lightship Wacko...get a ham callsign HLCF or something...

Snapping out of dreamy mode...

I'd love to get involved in restoring the Nantucket, if it was close enough (Boston counts as close enough). That'd be fun to help with, Wacko project or not...
Posted By: seagirt

Re: L/S Nantucket for sale? - 12/13/06 03:49 AM

Well, I just sent an email to the guy who posted the Craigslist ad. I said that I'd like to help however possible. I think it'd be really great to help out with this.

I also referred him to the CF, in case he was interested. Nice to spread the Wacko word.
Posted By: BeaconBob

Re: L/S Nantucket for sale? - 12/15/06 07:25 PM

I can see it now...back in the day...a ship is distressed and along comes another ship to help them...but they can't see it through the heavy fog...then out of the mist...the word WACKO appears!
I can just hear the distressed vessel say to themselves...."Great...here comes a WACKO...we're doomed now!" LOL

BTW: What a GREAT idea Dave!
Posted By: rscroope

Re: L/S Nantucket for sale? - 01/10/07 05:36 PM

Here's some local options being considered. Newsday 1/10/2007
© 2024 Collector Forums