LighthouseKeepers.com

New Forum

Posted By: Webmaster

New Forum - 11/20/01 01:14 AM

I've opened up a new forum for posts that pertain to lighthouse preservation and fund raising.

We have been moving such posts from the General Forum to the Collector Club forum, but some preservation and fund raising isn't done through clubs.

Please do not post in the General Forum for fund raising programs.

There is some feeling that the Collector Club Forum doesn't get the readership that the General Forum does. Hopefully everyone will check in here as they see what's new on the Collector Forums.

Clubs - use this Forum to announce or offer opportunities fund raising projects.

Thanks, enjoy
Posted By: DocJ44

Re: New Forum - 11/20/01 03:02 AM

GREAT IDEA!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New Forum - 11/20/01 03:47 AM

JC, why does it say there are 51 posts in this thread and as of this date there is less than 20 actually here ?

terry
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: New Forum - 11/20/01 04:02 AM

YOu need to change the "Show Topics From..." to 100 days.
Posted By: penny1058

Re: New Forum - 11/20/01 04:47 AM

Thanks John for making this new section and moving my post for Avery Point Lighthouse. I am a newbie and was not sure where to put it so choose what I thought was the right place.

I can see how someone can get to wacko status pretty quick. I know I keep looking here for things and now have started posting as well.
Thanks again,
Penny
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: New Forum - 11/20/01 04:06 PM

Great idea John! This should make the forums even better!
Posted By: oseabee

Re: New Forum - 11/20/01 05:24 PM

Hi JOhn: now I will have to allot 26 hours aday to the forums.with new topics.Bill O'Brien(joke joke)
Posted By: ladylightkeeper

Re: New Forum - 11/21/01 03:42 AM

John: This forum is a GREAT idea. Thank you so much for creating it. We really needed one central place to post items of interest dealing with restoration and preservation of maritime sites; and learn which groups have current fundraising projects underway. I am sure it will become a very popular site and one of great value once groups learn of it and that they can post here. Hopefully forumites will also post here whenever they come across a topic of interest in their own local area, newspapers, magazines, tv, etc.

A Forums public service might be to send out some kind of notice to all lighthouses which have non-profit preservation groups and alert them to this Forum. It would definitely be to their benefit, and just another way wackos can help them.

------------------
ladylightkeeper
© 2024 Collector Forums