LighthouseKeepers.com

Bodie Island Pin

Posted By: LADYBUG

Bodie Island Pin - 06/12/03 04:27 AM

The 2003 Wacko Pin benefitting the Bodie Island Light went in the mail this morning.

I also sent a check to the Outer Banks Lighthouse Society in the amount of $1717.21 on behalf of all pin purchasers. Thanks everyone for supporting this year's Wacko Pin Project. Our donation goes towards the matching grant which acutally means your efforts resulted in $3434.42 for their restoration project.

Darlene
Posted By: wheland

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/12/03 05:09 AM

Darlene,

I want to be the first to thank the members of the commitee who worked for the last year on this project.

I'll be looking in my Mailbox everyday for my pins.

Thanks,

Dennis
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/14/03 01:49 AM

I received my 2 pins in Utah today. They look great. wink Thanks Darlene and the entire committee for the continued effort all of you put forth each year.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/14/03 02:46 AM

My pins arrived yesterday. I have one packaged up to send to John Gaskill.
Posted By: mghusge

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/14/03 03:52 AM

My pins arrived today. A special thanks to all that worked on this project. Well Done.
Mike & Nettie
Posted By: buster

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/14/03 05:37 AM

Did not buy the pin but got the lighthouse from the depot to help out. smile
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/14/03 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JChidester:
My pins arrived yesterday. I have one packaged up to send to John Gaskill.
LOL. So do I!

John Gaskill lives pretty close to me. We get together several times a year. What a very interesting guy! He's also a US Navy WW-II vet and has lots of stories to tell about his experiences in the Great War, too. John is at Bodie Island right now working as a volunteer telling visitors about his experiences on the Outer Banks.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/14/03 10:03 PM

I'll let you present him the pin, then Lamar! Thanks for thinking of him.
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/16/03 04:27 AM

What a great way to end our weekend. When we got home tonight from Hannums Heros taking over the lighthouses of Ohio our Wacko pins were waiting for us in the mail.

They look great.

Thank you to the committee for all the hard work on this project.

Mary and Jeff
Posted By: shiulong

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/17/03 05:56 PM

My pins arrived today they are there looking great. I wish to think the committee once again for a job well done.

Chuck
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 06/23/03 11:59 PM

On Saturday, I received a very nice letter from Cheryl Shelton-Roberts, President of OBLHS that I want to share [in part] with you all . . .

Quote:

Dear Darlene,
On behalf of the Outer Banks Lighthouse Society and its Bodie Island Fund, I would like to thank you and your colleagues for such a generous donation from the sales of the Wacko Pin. We are elated to receive the donation and add to our growing fund.

. . .

I announced your donation to our board members and Lamar has given me a few details to include in the July newsletter for our members to read. This may encourage other donations.

Thank you for all you do for the lighthouse community. We are at a critical time in our lighthouses' history with conveyance of hundreds to other entities, saving the Fresnel lenses, and restoration of these icons of our American maritime heritage.

Sincerely wishing you fair winds and following seas,
/s/ Cheryl S. Roberts
Thank you one and all for supporting the Wacko Pin Project now in our fifth year.
Darlene
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Bodie Island Pin - 07/17/03 04:50 AM

I`m a little late, but I also want to say thanks to all involved with the pin. It looks great and it holds a special place in my collection.
© 2024 Collector Forums