LighthouseKeepers.com

Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge

Posted By: rscroope

Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/06/08 08:55 PM

I am pleased to announce that Harbour Lights is allowing us to raise funds by selling two new Little Lights to benefit the Lighthouse Organizations that are restoring and maintaining the lighthouses at Cedar Island & Huntington Harbor. Profits from the sale will go directly to the LIChapter and Huntington Harbor lighthouse preservation groups. These first-time released Harbour Lights Little Light replicas are exclusive to us for this sale and are limited & individually numbered - 300 of each. There will be a unique individual back stamp on the bottom of each piece commemorating the preservation organization & the LI Lighthouse Challenge.
We will be selling #s 6 - 300. The numbers will be assigned randomly. Anyone ordering and paying for a set of both lighthouses will receive matching numbers. The first 100 set orders will receive 1 limited edition lighthouse postcard with each light. Anyone purchasing their set(s) by April 30th (my anticipated delivery date) will be eligible to receive the lowest available number drawn randomly including 4 single digit sets #6-9. Price is $27 for each Little Light; $54 for each set which includes shipping and handling. Checks are to be made out to LIChapter,USLHS and mailed to Bob Scroope, 7 East Gate Drive, Mt Sinai, NY 11766. Please include your name, address, specifics of your order and your email address with your check.

thank you,

Bob Scroope
Long Island Chapter US Lighthouse Society
Huntington Lighthouse Preservation Society Inc.

Posted By: HCS

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/06/08 09:49 PM

This is great Bob. My cheque will be in tomorrows mail.
HCS
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 12:55 AM

Bob,

My check in the amount of $54 for your two Little Lights was mailed at the Post Ofice at 4:30 this afternoon.

bobo
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 01:16 AM

I would love to see that Huntington Harbor as a full-sized LE!

The pair will make a great addition to a LLOM collection.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
I would love to see that Huntington Harbor as a full-sized LE!
I second that Bob !!!

cheers

These two new LLOM's look great. I'm very happy for those who collect them.

Glad to see more of the Grand Tour !!!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 01:40 AM

Count me in Bob! Both lights are well deserving of this help.
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 01:48 AM

Bob,

Both LLOM look great. My check will be in the mail in the morning.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 02:52 AM

These are great...and a nice way to remember my planned 2008 LI Challenge "appearance."

Sending the check out tomorrow. Must say these are the best-sculpted LLOMs I've seen yet.
Posted By: SThompson

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 07:32 AM

Thanks Bob. The check will be in the mail shortly.

Sean
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 05:20 PM

Check went out with the morning mail. These are fine looking LL's.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 06:58 PM

Bob,

Add me to the list. the check's in the mail.

Dennis
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/07/08 11:49 PM

Bob,
Check will be in the mail tomorrow.
Posted By: kory63

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/08/08 01:00 AM

Bob,
Great looking LL's!! Put a check in the mail this AM!!
Rick
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/08/08 02:37 AM

Great job to Bob and HL! I'll be getting a set to add to my collection.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/08/08 05:53 AM

Bob,
Check will be in the mail tomorrow morning.
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/08/08 04:13 PM

In the mail....
Posted By: Bob Taylor

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/08/08 05:11 PM

Looks great Bob. My check is in the mail. Those where two that Dave Hannum took us to last summer.

Bob Taylor
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/08/08 06:01 PM

In the mail today.
Thanks,
Bill and Judy
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/08/08 06:17 PM

Check went in the mail today!
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/08/08 06:37 PM

I LOVE them and the good cause that goes with them!

This is where my dilemma starts ...

Those two little lights are brilliant and I would love to buy both of them.

BUT ... sending a check from England can't be done! (If you could cash my check, it would cost us both a fortune in fees!) So ... how do we pay for these lovely LLOMs????

And of course we would pay for the difference between US and UK postage !!!
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/08/08 08:16 PM

Hi Bob,

I'll have my check in the mail tomorrow. These were two of my favorites when we were on the Dave's Long Island Trip.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/09/08 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Duo:
I LOVE them and the good cause that goes with them!

BUT ... sending a check from England can't be done! (If you could cash my check, it would cost us both a fortune in fees!) So ... how do we pay for these lovely LLOMs????

Margret.

If you have a Paypal account you could send me the money and i could send a check on to bob for you.

Let me know.

Dennis

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/09/08 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wheland:
Quote:
[b] I LOVE them and the good cause that goes with them!

Margret.

If you have a Paypal account you could send me the money and i could send a check on to bob for you.

Let me know.

Dennis [/b]
Dennis,
I was in touch with Margret and she will send me a cheque (I have an account in England so not a problem for me to cash) I have already sent payment and order off to Bob.
Thanks for the offer I am sure Margret will appreciate it.
HCS

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/09/08 06:30 PM

Hilary,

Great. glad it was taken care of one way or another. I've done similar things for people in australia who wanted to order things from Half.com or ebay.

I can buy it and mail it cheaper than the online seller wants to charge and it's no bif deal to me.

Dennis
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/10/08 03:25 AM

Just found out about this today, Bob. I've written the check and will get it to the post office asap! This, again, is a win-win situation - a great way to help lighthouse preservation and also build a collection of exclusive Little Lights! applaud
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/10/08 05:25 AM

So how much does the group get from each light?
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/10/08 05:38 AM

towel towel towel towel
Count us in too!!! The pieces look really nice. We are excited about them because we have actually been to both. They are both great lighthouses and we want to help see them restored.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/10/08 05:44 AM

Eric, there is no set answer to your question as there would be several variables. However, you could expect each of the groups to end up with around $2,000 - $3,000.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/11/08 03:03 PM

Thanks to all who are interested. Lots of mail on Saturday! A great start!

A special thanks to Hilari for stepping up to help Margret!
thanks,
Bob vhappy

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/12/08 03:19 AM

Mailed mine today, Bob. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to participate and good luck with the fundraising!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/12/08 03:29 PM

I'm thinking of buying these, even though I don't collect LLOM's. Mostly for the charity cause. Just need to get past somemore Christmas bills.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/12/08 10:00 PM

Dennis, sorry, I didn't get back to you sooner. My only excuse: chaos in this house right now

Hilari has already helped me out! But thanks for the offer. I do have a PayPal account. But thanks to Hilari we are what they call "sorted" for this one!

Thank you just the same!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/12/08 11:32 PM

Quote:
Dennis, sorry, I didn't get back to you sooner. My only excuse: chaos in this house right now

Hilari has already helped me out! But thanks for the offer. I do have a PayPal account. But thanks to Hilari we are what they call "sorted" for this one!

Thank you just the same!
Margret,

No problem- I'm just glad it was dealt with in a timely manner.

Keep my offer in mind for the future- many places tend to overcharge for shipment overseas. It is no big deal for me to deal with this type of thing as long as people are patient. I work quickly but make no claims as to the USPS or other countries postal services. Canada's seems to be one of the worst as far as service goes, though.

I've had few problems with the UK or Australia and I'm a big supporter of the USPS. I think they do a very good job 99.9% of the time.(even if they are putting through another postal increase just one year after the last one)

Dennis

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/18/08 03:21 PM

Early sales are going well.
thanks,
Bob towel

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/19/08 01:13 AM

I wish someday Harbour Lights will make LE's of Huntington Harbour and Cedar Island.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/19/08 01:27 AM

Kay, there is an LE of Cedar Island (HL322). I have said for some time that Huntington Harbor would be a great size piece for Society membership gift.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/19/08 09:47 PM

Kay, I think I have a few LEs left in inventory for the LIChapter if you need a place to buy one.
Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/21/08 06:22 PM

Thanks to Bob,Dennis, Ken, Ric, Greg, Bert.... towel

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/22/08 07:49 PM

...Stephanie, Bob T.,Hilari, Daniel, Randy, WT - thank you thankyou...

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/22/08 08:45 PM

Bob, I hope you received my order. Don't want to miss two great additions to my beginning LLOM collection. smile

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/24/08 08:13 PM

Gracie, you're good!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/24/08 08:36 PM

Hi Bob,

Thanks anyway I just got a new curio and had some of my lights still
packed. Just unpacked them and discovered that I do have Cedar Island. Pleasant surprise!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/26/08 02:10 PM

...thanks to...Melody, Dorothy, Lorie, Christopher, Ruthie, Bill.... towel

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/28/08 02:21 PM

thanks to James, Gary, John T., Sean,Kay, Bobbie..thank you... laugh

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/28/08 04:03 PM

Bob,

Pretty soon there won't be any left to sell during the Challenge! laugh

Dennis

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 02/29/08 08:19 PM

...thanks to Grace, Cindy, Mark&Karen, Fran, Lee, Karen....thank you, thank you.... wink

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/03/08 02:18 PM

...thank you Tom R, Linda, RIP, Flora, Eugene, Jayne...thanks.... laugh

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/08/08 03:53 PM

Bringing to the top from Hunting Island SC!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/08/08 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rscroope:
Bringing to the top from Hunting Island SC!
Bob,

Did you get to- or are you going to get to- Charleston, SC to see the progress at morris Island?

Dennis

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/10/08 06:31 PM

Charleston was a little to far from Hilton Head for a morning trip before a noon tee off, Dennis. I did have it mapped? Now if I had known it was to be the badge, I might have gotten up very early for some photos?
Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/11/08 03:14 AM

Quote:
Charleston was a little to far from Hilton Head for a morning trip before a noon tee off, Dennis. I did have it mapped? Now if I had known it was to be the badge, I might have gotten up very early for some photos?
Bob
Bob,

My friends who live in bluffton have been known to drive to Charleston for a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee and a donut. It's the closest one to Bluffton. laugh

Dennis

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/11/08 02:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Charleston was a little to far from Hilton Head for a morning trip before a noon tee off, Dennis. I did have it mapped? Now if I had known it was to be the badge, I might have gotten up very early for some photos?
Bob
Bob,

My friends who live in bluffton have been known to drive to Charleston for a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee and a donut. It's the closest one to Bluffton. laugh

Dennis [/b]
Now if I knew that I may have gotten the whole group to go? I remember many people longing for a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/11/08 02:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Charleston was a little to far from Hilton Head for a morning trip before a noon tee off, Dennis. I did have it mapped? Now if I had known it was to be the badge, I might have gotten up very early for some photos?
Bob
Bob,

Dennis [/b]
Now if I knew that I may have gotten the whole group to go? I remember many people longing for a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/13/08 02:08 PM

...thanks to Capt Dave, Frank C., Joan, John D., Thomas M., Jon k. ...thank you thank you... groupwave

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/14/08 07:32 PM

...thank you, thank you...Chatt, Max, Schellie & Harold, Katherine, Lonnie, Linda.....thanks.... laugh
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/14/08 08:15 PM

I am going to try and remember to send you the check this weekend, Bob.. Sue is in Madison WI at a wedding, so unless I drive over to see the grand-kids I will be home to do it..

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/14/08 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WackoPaul:
... so unless I drive over to see the grand-kids I will be home to do it..
I guess I know where you'll be Paul!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/14/08 08:37 PM

I may not, Bob since I am going over and spend Easter weekend with the girls...

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/18/08 01:38 AM

Well, Bob, I can finally say that the check's in the mail.. It is for 2 sets, one set for me and one set for a couple of door prizes for our club..

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/18/08 01:28 PM

Thanks Paul, that's great but did you go to see your granddaughters this weekend?
Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/18/08 05:35 PM

Nope, Bob, I came down with a killer cold so I stayed home and felt sorry for myself.. Sue is spending this week with the girls at Chad's home (her Spring Break) and I am going down Friday night and spending Easter weekend with them..

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/21/08 02:29 PM

...thanks to Eric, Shirley, Larry & Kat, Judy, Mike... thank you... towel

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/27/08 05:53 PM

Just a heads up to those who are planning to buy a matched numbered set. Once we approach the LI Lighthouse Challenge, each Lighthouse Organization will be get their remaining individual HL Little Lights lighthouses to sell, so there will be no guarantee of getting matching numbers after April 30th. So order early to be safe.
thanks,
Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 03/31/08 02:38 PM

...thanks too to Rita, Paul, Winifred,Roy & Carolyn, Bruce...thank you, thankyou....

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 04/04/08 06:52 PM

April 4th towel

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 04/08/08 07:14 PM

Quote:
I am pleased to announce that Harbour Lights is allowing us to [b]raise funds by selling two new Little Lights to benefit the Lighthouse Organizations that are restoring and maintaining the lighthouses at Cedar Island & Huntington Harbor. Profits from the sale will go directly to the LIChapter and Huntington Harbor lighthouse preservation groups. These first-time released Harbour Lights Little Light replicas are exclusive to us for this sale and are limited & individually numbered - 300 of each. There will be a unique individual back stamp on the bottom of each piece commemorating the preservation organization & the LI Lighthouse Challenge.
We will be selling #s 6 - 300. The numbers will be assigned randomly. Anyone ordering and paying for a set of both lighthouses will receive matching numbers. The first 100 set orders will receive 1 limited edition lighthouse postcard with each light. Anyone purchasing their set(s) by April 30th (my anticipated delivery date) will be eligible to receive the lowest available number drawn randomly including 4 single digit sets #6-9. Price is $27 for each Little Light; $54 for each set which includes shipping and handling. Checks are to be made out to LIChapter,USLHS and mailed to Bob Scroope, 7 East Gate Drive, Mt Sinai, NY 11766. Please include your name, address, specifics of your order and your email address with your check.

thank you,

Bob Scroope
Long Island Chapter US Lighthouse Society
Huntington Lighthouse Preservation Society Inc.

[/b]
22Days left!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 04/14/08 02:10 PM

Bringin' the Topic to the Top!
Thanks for your participation,
Bob towel

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 04/19/08 02:42 PM

...thanks to Dianne, Charles, Gayle...thank you...

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 04/25/08 06:51 PM

Bringing to the TOP vhappy

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 04/25/08 08:38 PM

Bob,

Is delivery still expected April 30th?
Can we anticipate receiving our purchases in May?
HCS

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 04/26/08 04:27 PM

No Hilari, I'm told there has been a delay due to quality control. I'm hoping to have a small amount of highest numbers by the LI Challenge but the low numbers will not arrive until midJune. Thanks for your patience which will be rewarded in some high quality, low number sets for all who have purchased before April 30th. Harbour Lights will be direct mailing the LLs for the Challenge. Thank you Harbour Lights.
thanks,
Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 04/29/08 02:41 PM

...thank you, thank you...to Robert, Gary...Thanks...

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 05/01/08 07:42 PM

...thanks to Jim & Ann...thank you...

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 05/06/08 03:46 PM

...thank you Ignacio,Robert, Linda, Capt Larry...thanks....

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 05/09/08 07:49 PM

One week left until the LIChallenge. Get your low number set while they're still available.
Delivery expected by the end of June.
thanks,
Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 05/19/08 03:39 PM

We had a great turn out over the weekend, There are still some Little Light sets available. Don't delay if your hesitating.
thanks,
Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 05/23/08 03:56 PM

Just a reminder to those of you who have ordered your sets. Delivery is expected to Harbour Lights mid-June, so I'm hoping to get them to you by July 1. A quality control issue was addressed by Harry during a recent visit. Thanks for your patience.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 06/04/08 02:37 PM

Here's an update on the Little Light Orders! They will not be delivered to Harbour Lights until the last day of June. There has been some significant shipping problems due to the earthquake in China that has caused delays of all exports including Harbour Lights. I'm am as anxious as you are to complete this project, and get the orders out to you. Thanks for your patience and continued support. I've seen the pieces and they are Brilliant and will be worth the wait!

Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/03/08 01:59 PM

Hi All,
I received the Little Lights yesterday(*Big Thanks to Tony for making us a quick shipment), and they will begin to be shipped on July 14th after I return home from Montauk. This is a one man operation so I thank you in advance for your patience. (I now have to pair your numbers, match them to your box, add the postcards, deal with the PO and add a surprise.) I hope to get them all shipped by August 15th. (I'll be in Ireland 7/24-8/10)
This is also the last call for paired sets. After I finish this process, you will only be able to buy the each individual Little Lights directly from Lighthouse Preservation Organizations. (CedarLL from the LI Chapter & Huntington from HuntingtonLL Preservation Society.)
Thanks to all that participated in this fundraising effort.

Bob Scroope
LIChapter, USLHS
Huntington Preservation Society

ps Here's some of the latest news on our preservation efforts at Cedar Island Lighthouse.
East Hampton Town News
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/03/08 03:44 PM

Quote:
(I now have to pair your numbers, match them to your box, add the postcards, deal with the PO and add a surprise.)
Bob, I like surprises! cool
Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Thank You for all your hard work on this project.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/03/08 04:04 PM

Perhaps the suprise is a little something brought back from Ireland !!

... I can dream, can't I?

Looking forward to them. Thanks

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/03/08 04:19 PM

Is that a Harry Potter Icon, Christopher? lol
Maybe a 'pot of gold'? lol
Posted By: wolfdevil

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/03/08 07:08 PM

Bob, I have a check in the mail today. I hope it is not too late for matched # sets.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/14/08 02:14 PM

Started shipping on Friday with multiple orders first (and Tom Robb - tic). tired Be sure to look thoroughly through your shipping box for your possible tiny surprise. A lucky few will receive a ...
The remaining will be some shipped after August 15th.
Thanks again for your participation in this worthy cause, and patience in receiving the little lights.

Bob
LI Chapter, USLHS
Huntington LH Restoration

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/14/08 03:59 PM

Quote:
Is that a Harry Potter Icon, Christopher? lol
Maybe a 'pot of gold'? lol
Bob, Not quite Harry Potter, but it is from across the "pond".

The disappearing blue British Police box, common during the 1960's and 1970's in London, is a time traveling machine called the "TARDIS" which is used by the Doctor in the long running british sci-fi series Doctor Who!

I have loved this show since the mid-1970's when it started to be broadcasted here in the states through various PBS stations. The show still continues today on the Sci-Fi Channel, eventhough it is moure "up with the times".

Looking forward to receiving the little lights soon.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/15/08 01:05 AM

Received my lights today and the surprise! laugh Thanks so much Bob. applaud waytogo
HCS

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/15/08 03:08 PM

My sets also arrived on Tuesday with nice little suprises....... Thanks

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/15/08 06:51 PM

I've had some motivation to get more sets out! I had a Friday afternoon PO experience, a Monday morning , a Monday afternoon, and a Tuesday morning mailing. About 60% of orders in all are now coming your way. whistling

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/15/08 07:05 PM

I got my sets a couple of days ago..

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/16/08 06:34 PM

Everything is out in the mail this morning except for the 5 most recent orders. tired
Most went priority.
Enjoy, they're really nice detailed Little Lights. Harry did an extraordinary fine job!

Thanks to everyone who participated. Enjoy your Little Lights!

All future sales will be through the Lighthouse organizations. I will announce those details when they become available. wink

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/16/08 07:38 PM

Bob,

I just got mine 5 minutes ago. Thanks for all your work on this.

Thanks also for the nice number amd the surprises in the box.

I put them right out in my display case that now sits directly to the right of me when I'm on my computer. It's a case with a light for the top shelf and I have one of the Fresnel Lens right under it so it looks like it's lit up.

Dennis
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/17/08 12:03 AM

Just got mine. Nice suprise. Thanks I love them groupwave
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/17/08 12:25 AM

Still waiting here.

I feel so left out. :rolleyes: wink
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/17/08 10:11 PM

I got my ZIPLOCK box yesterday THANKS BOB!!!!!
RIP
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/17/08 11:07 PM

Received mine yesterday! Thanks to Bob and all who made these possible. You have to love these LLOM and the organizations responsible for making them.
Posted By: Bob Taylor

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/17/08 11:37 PM

My two lights arrived this afternoon with the mailman. They are nice and the suprise was very thoughtful.

Thanks Bob

Bob
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/18/08 02:20 AM

Recieved my set of LLOM today. Very nice and nice surprise too. Thanks Bob for all the hard work.
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/18/08 04:28 AM

Got mine today. Thanks, Bob for the extra goodies too.
Judy

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/18/08 04:20 PM

Last 5 in mail today!
Project is complete.
Everyone should have their Little Lights and goodies by Monday!

thanks again,
Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/18/08 05:52 PM

Since Bill and Judy received their's yesterday, perhaps the mule train postal service will make it to Franktown today smile
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/19/08 03:22 PM

Received mine yesterday along with the special gift. Thanks much, and the pieces are great !
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/20/08 07:55 PM

Hasn't made it to Utah yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/20/08 11:37 PM

Mine were at my mailbox on thur. Sorry that I didn't post earlier but I pick up my mail on my way out-of-town for the weekend.

Thanks Bob!
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/21/08 06:18 PM

Mine arrived in St. Louis over the weekend. Thanks for getting them to me. I thought I might get to come back to New York to get them. Now I'll have to stay in the hot and humid weather here.

Thanks for everything, Bob! The extras are a great addition.
Posted By: wolfdevil

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/21/08 09:57 PM

Mine just arrived today and I was a recent order. Thanks Bob and I am very glad I got these!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/21/08 10:00 PM

Package arrived in Franktown on Saturday, containing a Lucky #13! The LLOMs are great.

Thanks Bob for the extras "prizes"!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/22/08 02:50 PM

Thanks to Hilari (Thank you HCS bow ) we have now got ours too!

They are wonderful! Beautiful details as always! applaud

And thank you to Bob for all the work and the extras!
Posted By: kory63

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/22/08 10:26 PM

Mine arrived today!! As has been said 2 beautiful, well detailed pieces!! The "extras" were an added bonus! THANKS, Bob!! waytogo
Rick

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 07/01/09 09:32 PM

If you missed an opportunity to get these lights, we still have a few matched number sets.
web page
Now available with PAYPAL!

You can only get these from us. We bought the entire run.

thanks,
Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/05/10 08:46 PM

There are still a very few matching # sets of HarbourLights LittleLights HuntingtonLH and CedarIslandLH.There is a great backstamp - different for each LL. Both societies are exclusive vendors of the remaining unnumbered little Lights.
LIChapter Paypal Order

I realize we had a big response when we intially sold them from Forum Members but I'm putting this up for anyone who may have missed it or who is new to the Forum.

Thanks as always for your great support(past,present & future) of Long Island Lighthouses.
LongIslandChapterUSLHS

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/05/10 09:22 PM

LL298 Huntington Harbor, NY

LL300 Cedar Island, NY

They both are very nicely done!!!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/06/10 02:33 AM

Here are the backstamps that Bob was talking about..

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/06/11 10:48 PM

Decided to make my first HL purchase of the new year.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait a long time for Huntington Harbor LE, so I bought the LLOM version.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/07/11 07:58 PM

Good selection Loon!

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/10/11 08:37 PM

I'm checking out latest ordering info now. Will post ASAP!

Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/13/11 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: rscroope
I'm checking out latest ordering info now. Will post ASAP!

Bob

Any chance of finding out if my LLOM was shipped yet?

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/13/11 06:32 PM

I don't know who you ordered them from Loon. When I checked the website, the gift shop was closed. I'm trying to find the point person who mat be in Florida????

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/13/11 07:23 PM

Thanks for looking into it Bob!

I used the Paypal link you posted on 01/05/10. Just took me a year to do it.
Posted By: Angels Gate

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/13/11 11:07 PM

Thanks Bob and Loon. I started off at the PayPal link and went to the web site to order my Huntington Harbor LL.
It looks really well done. I look forward to its arrival.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/15/11 07:05 PM

Here's the contact for the Long Island Chapter - just email Brian Keena directly briankeena1@verizon.net. I hope this helps you Loon & Angle Gate!

This connection is good for anyone else interested in getting these Little Lights.

Bob

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/19/11 06:05 PM

I was told the LLs are in the mail today!

6000 POSTS

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/19/11 10:00 PM

I did contact Brian on Monday. Should arrive tomorrow in NJ.

Re: Exclusive Little Lights Huntington Harbour & Cedar Island 2008 LI LighthouseChallenge - 01/21/11 03:04 AM

Arrived as expected. Nice looking piece!

Another inch wider, and another inch taller... Awesome looking piece !!!
© 2024 Collector Forums